P.U.R.E. RC6 Release - Page 4

P.U.R.E. RC6 Release

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Tobi
Spring Developer

Re: P.U.R.E. RC6 Release

Post by Tobi »

I've no clue. Not using windows much anymore lately.

Just check in the file's properties, it should have the version number somewhere.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

My SDL.dll is not to blame, since I unziped RC6 barebones into an already installed Spring, and immediatly after PURE I retested the same Spring.exe + SDL.dll with another mod for the specific purpose of veryfying any other mod still use the A hotkey for attack.

My guess is that Argh use widgets or config files or whatever to redo the shortcuts, but used the raw code from the key instead of taking them after they have been translated to character by the OS, but with contents spread in 12 archives, finding what files Pure is made of is too complicated, and anyway I haven't really tested if the keycode lua and uikeys.txt have access to are as raw as I think.
Argh wrote:If you find anything else like that, please let me know.
But! You're going commercial! If we consider bug reports as "work to improve Pure" and not as "insults from pissed individuals", then I'm unsure about freely helping a commercial project. I could justify it to some extent by rationalising that I don't want Pure to have bugs that its user could blame on Spring as they would taint the engine reputation.
souledge

Post by souledge »

I don't know quite how you can still bill PURE releases as "release candidates". You're up to RC6 and that's not even including the "bugfix" releases like 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 4.1 and 4.2 and not forgetting you didn't even start at RC1.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

but its free atm and nobody plays it; how will a pricetag help matters?
evidently its your decision where to take the project but you might do better to get it popular online first (and all the work that entails)
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

What he said.
Argh

Post by Argh »

It's not happening, guys. I don't have the manpower to sit in the Lobby and get people playing it and also finish the game. And it doesn't happen otherwise, unless you're CA and have a free license to spam.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Oh and sorry, that thing with Q and A being inverted had nothing to do with Pure. I had forgotten to deactivate shift+alt on that PC, so whenever I box build, I end up switching to english layout.
Argh

Post by Argh »

LOL.

Ok, moving on... made a video yesterday showing some of the cool stuff I'm doing with special effects for the next version. It's not all done yet, but you get the idea. Haven't finished recoding certain elements of Chickens for better overall effects, etc., yet.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

That video was cool in a way that it didn't look like spring the first few minutes. And in what way is the lag supposed to be teasing :p
Argh

Post by Argh »

Er, it runs smoothly over here. Maybe you're talking about the grayscale bit? That was my poor dev box, choking on a lot of stuff happening at once on the map that's hardest for its poor CPU to deal with. I thought about cutting it, but was like, "nah, just make it look like poorly-edited surveillance video" ;)

Can't be helped, I don't want to travel to Eman's every time I want to make video, and I can't afford to upgrade my box right now.
smoth

Post by smoth »

*edit* never mind my volume got jacked up*
Argh

Post by Argh »

Do you have yer speakers on 11? Sorry, I just packed it like it was, it doesn't clip or anything... oh, more human error lol.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Built a prototype procedural wreckage generator for buildings today:

Argh

Post by Argh »

Before:
After:
This is just a basic prototype, but it's already a big improvement over the other available approaches, imo. Among other things, these "wrecks" can emit particles, sounds or anything else that sounds like a good idea.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

strange building practices those folks ;)
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Yeah, do all the roads have to be completely straight, with only 90 degree turns? Looks unrealistic and silly imo...
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

oi, watch what you're saying;
http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season ... bd-map.gif <- my city :P

I was more talking about the rubble showing perhaps why the buildings fell down so easy ;)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Please lock this thread, I am no longer posting here. If you're interested in the game, you can follow it on ModDB.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Argh wrote:Moreover... the demo won't sync with the official release, and the official release will continue to have new content added to it well after launch.
Have you considered going the way of F.E.A.R. and Return to Castle Wolfenstein instead? That is, paying for the campaign, but free multiplayer?

Creating synch issues between different version of multiplayer would make the product seem buggy and inoperant. And making the multiplayer free would ensure your paying customers don't run out of opponents (Yes, there never is a game of anything else than BA or CA hosted, but as soon there is one with more than 2 players, everybody rush to it, which show people don't hate non A mods, but merely are lazy and impatient.)
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Argh wrote:Please lock this thread, I am no longer posting here. If you're interested in the game, you can follow it on ModDB.
Why? This community is a lot better for feedback and help on spring mods, i like your mod but it just seems like you can't take any criticism from people these days?

And the wreckage thing does look really awesome.

Return to “Argh's Projects”