P.U.R.E. RC5.3 - Page 2

P.U.R.E. RC5.3

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

JLHack7

Re: P.U.R.E. RC5.3

Post by JLHack7 »

Argh wrote:Great, so glad to hear that :-)
Yea everything seems to be working now.

Btw you need to change the description of the Ultra Assault Device.

It's copyrighted by this guy...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

alot of the graphical lag is caused by partical fx, reducing the number of particles on stuff like rifles, rockets and building dramaticly increases performance
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

the heavy shell only fires from one barrel, the other one has a flare but does not fire its share of projectiles
heavy shell aiming script is also fuxxed, it often swivels away from the target as its firing

the mortar tank cant be moved once it has los on a target, usually leading to its instadeath

the overlord walk script sometimes fails, leaving it hovering with one knee up
Argh

Post by Argh »

the heavy shell only fires from one barrel, the other one has a flare but does not fire its share of projectiles
heavy shell aiming script is also fuxxed, it often swivels away from the target as its firing
Thanks for the detailed feedback.

The first is because it's really not firing from either barrel, it's actually firing from the center.

The second's because of whatever's borked with beamweapons currently; this has been reported as a bug. Probably should be manually fixed in the COB, not a big deal, I'll get to that tomorrow.

The MortarTank's behavior's normal for any unit with that weapontype. There isn't anything else preventing it from moving, and you can give it manual move orders.

The Overlord's walk cycle may need to be tweaked to prevent that from happening, I'll take a look at the timing cycle on its Halt() section.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

What about a download link for us Linux users?

There is only a patch, a windows exe full install and then a file for people who have a previous version...
Argh

Post by Argh »

The 5.2 "bare bones" is just fine as a full installer for Linux. Use that, then upgrade to 5.3 immediately.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Well it states "This release is for all users of P.U.R.E. who have installed previous versions of the game." which leads me to believe it needs content from previous versions.

You need to better describe the downloads mate.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

argh, test before you reply -_-

the heavy shell fires from one arm, not both, and NOT the center. i know this because i gave it visible projectiles for its miniguns

the mortar tanks will NOT move when an enemy is in range, under any condition or order- only on holdfire.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'll check both bugs out and fix them if possible. Dunno about the MortarTank, it didn't behave that way the last time I tested it.

ModDB notes for "bare bones" download corrected, so that hopefully Linux users know which one to get.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

It may be picky but i still don't like the description heh. It still says "This release is for all users of P.U.R.E. who have installed previous versions of the game."

Why for people who have previous versions, what does it miss out on?

I would just have "The basic game with no missions, Linux compatible" or something simple like that depending on what is in it.
Argh

Post by Argh »

To an ordinary Windows user, who did a full install of the game using our packaging tools, it's important to know that that's an upgrade for previous installs.

IOW, what a Linux user can consider "complete" is, to a Windows user, an upgrade.

At any rate, I'm looking at better solutions. I don't like the way that this stuff works right now.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

That is my point though, for windows users who have a previous version (meaning that file doesn't have everything), so what exactly is linux missing out on?

Also you missing my point, i am not on about the patch, i am on about the barebones installer, the fact that it says for people who have a previous version, yet linux users can just use that, so why can't windows users just use that?

It is all pretty confusing.
Argh

Post by Argh »

so what exactly is linux missing out on?
Well, they're not able to use AppLauncher, and eventually one of the problems I'll have to deal with, if I want to support Linux officially, is how to allow Linux users to use the single-player missions.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

hey argh, when you around? I've made a mutator for pure that might be worth investigating (just adjusts the balance and fx of t1 units for now)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

But you already do officially support linux, aswell as OS X according to moddb. You should reclassify PURE until otherwise. Right now unless your providing OS X dmg or pkg files you cannot claim to be mac compatible which you are doing, especially when even the spring engine developers do not officially support OS X and those who have built it have taken work arounds to do so that no normal user would ever consider....
Argh

Post by Argh »

@Ivory_King: Post it to me and Eman via PM, we'll arrange a playtest, probably with Eman for now. I am a bit busy on other stuff atm.

@AF: I will consider your points today after I've gotten some rest. I think some hard choices are going to have to be made.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

iirc, didn't the new version of SpringLobby get support for missions? That would be a good work-around. Alternately, I have access to a Linux box, I could see if I could build AppLauncher under Mono... however, many Linux geeks have an ideological disagreement with Mono, so you might cheese them off that way... plus, we'd probably have to make a completely seperate set of XML configuration files because the directory structure is different under Mono.

edit: done my new applauncher version. Also includes the state file stuff.

Changes
- WaitForExit has been removed. Instead, you have WaitMode, which has three settings:
1) WaitMode = "WaitForExit", which is the old "WaitForExit=true"
2) WaitMode = "NoWait", which lets you return to AppLauncher immediately instead of waiting until the spawned app completes. This will be needed if Spring is not closing properly and allowing AppLauncher to revive.
3) WaitMode = "Close", which shuts down AppLauncher after the program is launched.

- Any "button" object now has a "name" field. This is the name it will look for in the state file for enabling/disabling the button.

- "button" objects also have a DisabledImageTarget field. Works like the other imagetarget fields.

- The State file is called AppLauncherState.xml or

Code: Select all

AppLauncherState.csv - available in two formats, XML or CSV.  The XML format looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AppLauncherStateRoot xmlns="http://pxtl.livejournal.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://pxtl.livejournal.com schema1.xsd schema0.xsd">
  <Item Name="foo" Enabled="true" />
  <Item Name="bar" Enabled="false" />
</AppLauncherStateRoot>
the csv format looks like this:

foo, true
bar, false
Where foo and bar are the names of your buttons.

Also, I found a good app for editing XML. Make sure you have the files schema1.xsd and schema2.xsd, and use the following header info

<AppLauncherStateRoot xmlns="http://pxtl.livejournal.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://pxtl.livejournal.com schema1.xsd schema0.xsd" ...
for state, and

<AppLauncherConfigRoot xmlns="http://pxtl.livejournal.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://pxtl.livejournal.com schema1.xsd schema0.xsd" ...
for config (obviously, the ellipsis isn't literal), and you'll get the XSD schema files properly referenced.

Then, when you view the files in Xml Notepad 2007, you'll get intellisense and error-checking on your XML documents.
Attachments
AppLauncher120.7z
(11.69 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Last edited by Pxtl on 31 Mar 2009, 21:16, edited 3 times in total.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

So what is exactly is this applauncher Pxtl?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

clericvash wrote:So what is exactly is this applauncher Pxtl?
This thing:

A quick XML-based DotNet app I whipped up for PURE. It's skinnable (hell, when you come down to it it's nothing but a skin) for whatever you want.

I honestly don't know how practical it is - in hindsight I wish I'd written it in Python/Tk or some other platform that would allow me to bundle the interpreter into the executable (plus I'd get cross-platform support for free with Python/Tk).

But either way - yeah, It's a big skinnable multi-page doohicky of buttons and text, written in C#1.1.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Argh... your game tilted after few seconds when sounds appeared + it fucked up my spring widgets...

no game, no fame, no fun :(

Return to “Argh's Projects”