P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3 - Page 44

P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

panzeriv2

Re: P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

Post by panzeriv2 »

Your post is fail emmanuel. epic fail. The only way to fix it is to fix your brain.
Argh

Post by Argh »

This beast would been as big as roughly 4 MBTs, have a 150mm gun and 4 20mm AA guns. Able to transport units and is amphibious. Design roughly like the Mammoth tank tracks.
That would be interesting, but I don't have time to think about an uber-transport before I release RC4. Trying to get that wrapped up tonight.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

Argh wrote:
This beast would been as big as roughly 4 MBTs, have a 150mm gun and 4 20mm AA guns. Able to transport units and is amphibious. Design roughly like the Mammoth tank tracks.
That would be interesting, but I don't have time to think about an uber-transport before I release RC4. Trying to get that wrapped up tonight.
seems very quick to build a complet unit :maybe custom overmind ?
what time yu need for build an unit ?
in the best i can end in a day or less(without textr...)
Argh

Post by Argh »

It really depends on the unit.

To just build some geometry and texture it only takes about a day, for most stuff. Animation and other programming things may be fast or slow, depending on what it does and how it works.

Sometimes I'm done with that part in under an hour, sometimes it's a week. It really depends on what it is. A simple tank is easy- that's mainly just making objects and getting them painted. Most stuff isn't like that. Something like Panzer's request would take several days at least, and would not be something I'd put into the game without a great deal of thought.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

i sugest at all moder to use variants, like warhammer:
same chassis with :AT ,AA ,AP ,c3 ,rescue ,turet versions ...
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

That unit would something be like the fatboy/Big-giant-tank in Supreme Commander, except less expensive and cannot build units.

This unit was built due to the increasing number of ZAPs on the battefield.
emmanuel

Post by emmanuel »

panzeriv2 wrote:That unit would something be like the fatboy/Big-giant-tank in Supreme Commander, except less expensive and cannot build units..
true :only build dragonteeth and mines(medium nuc or big nuc)
can load 2*2footprint or 8*1footprint units
...can have mine and refuel at both ...problem ! need a dev request (panza get to request {for yu})
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Locking, new thread created.

Return to “Argh's Projects”