P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Argh

P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

Post by Argh »

Go here to get P.U.R.E.

Latest news on ModDB, if you've been living under a rock.

Click here to see Pendrokar's amazing video!

Click here to see the promo video on Wolfe Games (large file)

Click here to see the promo video on YouTube

P.U.R.E., in its current state, is a semi-complete game. This is a beta product, and it's missing a few major things.

I am looking for feedback about all aspects of the game- primarily game balance. I will be building a new version of the installer once I've gotten some feedback, and obviously the version of Spring in the installer isn't 0.77- it's buggy in MP, and while you can expect 1 vs. 1 to work all right, more than 2 players apparently results in desync (due to a bug in Spring, not P.U.R.E.).

Yes, the website's not terribly polished yet. Please let me know if you see obvious rendering problems, etc., on different browsers- I've tested with IE 7.0 and FireFox, so I'm not anticipating a lot of trouble. Otherwise... I'll probably mess with it a little further down the line, but it's serviceable for now.

I also would love to have a decent gameplay video of the current game, if anybody has time and feels like doing that- I probably won't be able to get it done.

Lastly, if there are any Lua coders out there, who after seeing the game think that maybe they would like to write some Missions to fit into a Campaign, to teach newbies the ropes... PM me.

Koshi has been kind enough to offer these mirrors as well, I haven't tested them so I don't know if they'll work for slower broadband:
http://www.springlobby.info/temp/LINUX_BUILD_RC3.7z
http://www.springlobby.info/temp/PURE_InstallerRC3.exe

FAST CONNECTIONS ONLY:
http://www.wolfegames.com/PURE/LINUX_BUILD_RC3.7z
http://www.wolfegames.com/PURE/PURE_InstallerRC3.exe
Last edited by Argh on 24 Sep 2008, 18:53, edited 14 times in total.
Hoi

Re: P.U.R.E. 0.8

Post by Hoi »

yay!
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Can't wait, it looks great. :P
Argh

Post by Argh »

Now uploading (finally). Expect a 2-3 hour wait, before you can download the installer. It's about 250MB in size, total, contains 3 maps, a single-player game that's very simple but gets people into the action right away... and a shortcut to play through TASClient (SpringLobby's borked in the build of the Spring Installer I'm dealing with).

Now... on to dealing with the website...
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

do you need worldbuildercontent.sdz? and would there be a good way to include it in 1 download without breaking the easy .sdz/.sd7 moving to mods folder stuff?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Released, finally! Have fun playing :mrgreen:
Bartosh

Post by Bartosh »

don't see it
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

The installer dosent work for me, I downloaded it 5 times to see if it was just a discontinued download, any other way you can send it?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Don't see what?

@Noruas: how many megabytes was the supposedly-complete download? It should be 249,930,956 bytes... it's fricking huge, basically. I'm grabbing it now, just to test...
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

IT FAILS, same byte sizes, and i am so not reinstalling windows for pure.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

OOOOOOOOOPs me too!Can you fix it?
The Windows message when I tried to install is below.
vonGratz
Argh

Post by Argh »

It appears to be a problem with timeouts on the ISP's end. Fixing it with them now.

Until that's dealt with... here's an alternative source... which should be reliable (crosses fingers)...

http://www.moddb.com/games/pure/downloads
Argh

Post by Argh »

Ok, finished talking to the ISP... looks like they simply cannot handle a filesize that large without resorting to FTP. Swapped out everything to ModDB, which works just fine.

Oh, and apparently the game got put onto ModDB's front page. Hope that the somewhat-flaky build of Spring and the no doubt remaining balance issues don't totally turn people off, there's nothing I can do about that now :P

Gotta sleep now, hopefully everybody will be able to get the download reliably tomorrow, etc...
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

And I hope you'll also make one of these installers for people that already have spring.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

AFAIK PURE requires a build of 0.77 to work, it won't function properly on the 0.76. So that makes people who already have Spring not really different from those who don't - they'd both need to install a new engine build.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Played it, and tbh... I came.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

yuritch wrote:AFAIK PURE requires a build of 0.77 to work, it won't function properly on the 0.76. So that makes people who already have Spring not really different from those who don't - they'd both need to install a new engine build.
I know, I mean when 0.77 is up.
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

Argh wrote:while you can expect 1 vs. 1 to work all right, more than 2 players apparently results in desync (due to a bug in Spring, not P.U.R.E.).
You should use at least rev6365 from svn (all earlier versions desync if you have more than one player in a team, so 1v1v1 is fine while 2v2 is not).

So if you don't want packages to be made with your mod, how do you want it to distribute amongst linux people?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

install with wine for now?

Argh: most (free) Linux games come in distribution-packaged form, not in installer form, so you might want to reconsider your decision.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

the installer is very nice and the game looks very polished but gameplay a tad slow but not sure about that yet need to find a human oponent

Return to “Argh's Projects”