P.U.R.E. 0.55 - Page 44

P.U.R.E. 0.55

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

smokingwreckage

Re: P.U.R.E. 0.55

Post by smokingwreckage »

Vengeance is an awesome human motivation, especially righteous vengeance.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Vengeance is a useful tool to manipulate into political purposes but it doesn't drive politics much.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Versailles is not forgotten ;) KDR is right, but politicians who manipulate to much can get carried away by the crowd...

Good Story Argh, a little to describing when it comes to violence (I personally prefer the "let peoples Imagination paint the Horror Methods-Gap"- but me i will live)

Difficulties is that it lacks Motivation to play the Maschiens.. i fight a galactic War to solve less difficult Questions..lazyness for the workx ;)
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

PicassoCT wrote:Difficulties is that it lacks Motivation to play the Maschiens.. i fight a galactic War to solve less difficult Questions..lazyness for the workx ;)
The overmind are diabolical killing machines though, and thats still awesome. Scattered remnants of a dying race, or the epic singularity that destroyed nearly all of them? ...though I'm guessing the humans will have something cool up their sleeve we haven't heard about yet that is the reason for them fighting now. (Maschiens=machines i hope) The backstory is pwnsome so far.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Im sure a basic FMV based on drawings and some photoshop/premier fiddling could be arranged, similar to how HW2 did it..
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

one man's righteous vengeance is another man's holocaust
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

And for another guy, it's a cracking good party
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Let´s face it, violence- if it is celebrated by a society in Colloseums & Games, or condemned like some Societys claim, never change the amount of Violence used if one of either sides get´s to power..

So if Pure has Goreglory to the Max - who cares? It won´t have any effect on the Realworld.. so if the Machines want to use Blood for Oil, go for it...
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'm still waiting for resolution to the rendering problems, so I'm spending this time getting some stuff fixed up, and depending on how long this takes, I may be able to finish a few units that got left on the cutting-room floor.

One thing that's been on my list for quite awhile is a replacement of the GunCraft, which was one of the first models in the game, and doesn't reflect the total style very well. Here's my WIP:

196 tris. Before I get to skinning this, though, I have a couple of GMN's models sitting on my machine waiting to get done, including some awesome mecha. More when they're skinned, and beta will launch as soon as Spring's working properly again, I'm not going to hold off because of the new units.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Sounds awesome, stick a few more units in, it's always fun :D
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

For the guncraft: it would be better not to put the guns on the end of the wings - it makes more sense to have the guns in the body of the plane. Mostly because getting ammo to those guns will be hard (as it doesn't look to be stored underwing) and it simply looks a bit off.

Then again, those might not be guns. It's hard to tell.

Another problem lies with the wings and tail: the tail looks far, far too thing and light (it doesn't even look like it weighs anything at all and appears to just be glued onto the back) and the wings look far too long. Simply put, it doesn't look capable of flying: it's as aerodynamic as a dustbin with wings.

If you ditched the tail and shorted the wings (removing the pointy bits on the end), it would work well though.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Looks sort of like an X-Wing fighter from Star Wars. Also looks like a glider, considering it looks so light weight and flimsy.
Argh

Post by Argh »

it would be better not to put the guns on the end of the wings - it makes more sense to have the guns in the body of the plane. Mostly because getting ammo to those guns will be hard (as it doesn't look to be stored underwing) and it simply looks a bit off.
I'm debating whether to make them lasers or not, basically. I dunno yet- I kind've like how GunCraft (in the Alpha) can fire in all directions, though. Maybe a belly-turret.
Another problem lies with the wings and tail: the tail looks far, far too thing and light (it doesn't even look like it weighs anything at all and appears to just be glued onto the back) and the wings look far too long. Simply put, it doesn't look capable of flying: it's as aerodynamic as a dustbin with wings.
Yeah, it's too front-heavy, among other problems. Meh. I'll come back to this when the HeavyMech is painted, I guess- I'm not satisfied with this either, after coming back for another look. However, I need to convey flight-worthiness, flimsiness, and the weapon's arc of fire, in one package, that still looks Overmind. Tricky. Maybe a design wth just some thrusters on the sides, no tail, and a belly-turret...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Not sure I like the actual construction of the model (looks a bit like a bunch of octohedrons duct-taped together - I can see that it's not, but overlapping polys instead of single-hull stuff always rubs me the wrong way) but as long as you don't put the guns on the wingtips, I love the shape and idea of it. Wings tend to be stumpy in videogames because realistic wingspans make the fuselage details tiny in relation to the overall model, so the slightly-stunted wingspan makes sense. Personally, I'd just stretch the nose a bit to get rid of that "front-heavy"ness.

Can't wait to see it skinned.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Pxtl wrote:Can't wait to see it skinned.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Here, just whipped this up in about 10 minutes

Also, remember this? Image
I can send you it if you want
Gota

Post by Gota »

The lasy bot iscool but those 2 highest blox look bad
Argh

Post by Argh »

@GMN: I'll happily take this:

And I'd really like that crazy wheelbot thing, if it didn't end up elsewhere, as a replacement of the Assault Shell. Just don't ask me when they'll get skinned, I'm juggling a lot of chainsaws right now.

@Everybody Else: Yes, that design sucked. I think I was tired and have a uncreative moment there- nobody's perfect, and I don't think I can rescue it with minor tweaks and a nice skin, after looking at it again :P I will try again.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

I thought I'd already sent you that, but okay.
Argh

Post by Argh »

If you did, I've lost it :P I have just about everything else, though, including the last of the buildings. Since I don't know how long it's going to be, until beta-tests can begin, meh, I'll just try to get as much done as possible...

Return to “Argh's Projects”