Composer Available

Composer Available

Discuss sound effects, game music, and the creation thereof.

Moderator: Moderators

titanicpiano14

Composer Available

Post by titanicpiano14 »

I'm Sam Foster, I compose custom music for video games, animation, and films. I score in all genres - ethnic, electronic, orchestral, etc. For further info (demo reels, credits, rates, bio, contact info, etc.), visit my site: www.samanthafoster.net

Most of the mobile games I've worked on are set to come out next year. And, I'm finishing up work on an Xbox Live Indie game!
Last edited by titanicpiano14 on 01 Apr 2013, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
gajop

Re: Composer Available

Post by gajop »

I was about to report this as spam.. still not sure if it's not.
What's the purpose of this post, self introduction or looking for hire (coz you probably won't get paid by a spring game, seeing as they're all non-profit).
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Thats non-true- i tryied to hire a grafix artist once, but got turned down once he understood the nature of the GPL. I guess within the industry there is some sort of sentiment against people who "return" to OS once they entered. Its like supporting piracy inside of EA. Only worser, cause you are providing for free, and there is nothing they can do.
titanicpiano14

Post by titanicpiano14 »

I'm working on an Xbox Indie game now and I'm charging $30 per track because it is all jazz. For indie devs, I work on a track by track basis. I usually charge $30 per completed, approved non-orchestral track (jazz, electronic, light orchestral, rock, etc.). And $50 per completed, approved full orchestral track (full orchestral, lots of instruments).

Why I charge: So I can save up for a better computer to compose on. Right now, I'm doing all my work off a laptop. And, I'm also saving up for better software/VSTs as well.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

titanicpiano14 wrote:I'm working on an Xbox Indie game now and I'm charging $30 per track because it is all jazz. For indie devs, I work on a track by track basis. I usually charge $30 per completed, approved non-orchestral track (jazz, electronic, light orchestral, rock, etc.). And $50 per completed, approved full orchestral track (full orchestral, lots of instruments).

Why I charge: So I can save up for a better computer to compose on. Right now, I'm doing all my work off a laptop. And, I'm also saving up for better software/VSTs as well.
The question I believe they are asking is if you are willing to sell into the public domain and/or what, if any, rights you'd want to retain.
titanicpiano14

Post by titanicpiano14 »

For the majority of game contracts I get, it is all work for hire.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

There's plenty of hobbyists around here, but I don't know of any indies.
maackey

Post by maackey »

Isn't everybody here indie? We definitely don't have publishers.

I was actually looking for background/ambient music the other day for a project I'm working on (not related to spring -- its a turn based artillery web game). I would almost be tempted to commission a song for the main menu or something except that recently my motorcycle broke down, my laptop broke down, my video card for my main pc broke down, and I still need to pay off this semester of school :) So I don't have much wiggle room for finances.

Which is why I love free games so much ^^.

but anyway:
gajop wrote:I was about to report this as spam.. still not sure if it's not.
What's the purpose of this post, self introduction or looking for hire (coz you probably won't get paid by a spring game, seeing as they're all non-profit).
This pretty much sums it up. You might garner some interest by giving out some free tracks, but most projects here aren't making any money, and you'll be hard-pressed to find paying individuals. There is free music out there, and cost/benefit-wise its more efficient to search for something free and good enough than get a custom-orchestrated song for a few bucks.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Hello Sam, I like your work.
If we ever get any funding for our http://Zero-K.info/ project, we will probably contact you.

So far the projects here are developed and maintained for free.
titanicpiano14

Post by titanicpiano14 »

I recently scored this animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGwnC4U9HI
Petah

Post by Petah »

I will pay $30 if you make a track for BA, and get approval from the BA devs that it will be included with BA.
titanicpiano14

Post by titanicpiano14 »

I'm currently scoring RPG MO.

Return to “Sound Effects & Music”