I need a narrator

I need a narrator

Discuss sound effects, game music, and the creation thereof.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

I need a narrator

Post by Forboding Angel »

Someone with a halfway decent microphone and the ability to record their voice in good quality (I.E. No background noise, speaks clearly and cleanly, enunciates words properly. Male/Female doesn't really matter.

Doesn't need to be perfect and accents don't really matter (though an American or British, military sounding accent would be neato). (Basically, if you're capable of speaking proper English and don't have a voice that makes people want to stab you, you probably qualify)

Unfortunately Lee R. Ermey turned me down :mrgreen:

Won't take much of your time, needed every now and then over a semi long period of time. I promise it won't be a huge commitment :wink:

Would be nice to have more than one person actually.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: I need a narrator

Post by PicassoCT »

mmh.. i got a mic.. and maybee even backgroundnoise free.. but dont know if voice is good. Voice is always diffrent if you are not in the head who makes it.

Post "Awildialog.txt" is missing.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

I am ready, but I have a horrible voice and have a Russian accent
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

So you have to speak the heroe for the international version, and the villain for the international :D

Hope forb has kept to the heroe with a thousand faces, and added lots of drama and traitorship. The more love and blood (shake your spear here) the better.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

And also there is a girlfriend who could narrate you a story with marvelous voice and Russian accent :D
Interesting ?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well, the lines won't be that long. Unfortunately, I am writing the story as it goes along *shudder*. I believe zoombie will give me a hand in smoothing it out.

What I figured I would do, is try it on one of my unrelated missions and see how it works out.

But basically, in addition to having the text on screen, I thought it would be nice to have a vocal narration as well. Ideally nothing too groundbreaking. And yes, a variety of accents would be nifty. After all, in the Evo story, the Outer Colonies are essentially a conglomeration of peoples who tired of the rule of Iammas (Homeworld), and when Iammas got lolpwned by trollolololerflare, the outer colonies were like "Fuck ya'll".

Which btw, will be a segway into the second faction and the second "campaign", when homeworld finally comes for a visit. You can imagine they might be just a wee bit pissed off.

The problem I am having at the moment is settling on a story arc that is interesting and engaging.

I'll post the text here and people can just attach ogg/mp3 of their narration? That sound ok? Also, you are allowed to deviate from what I post a bit if you need to. As long as it works nicely, I have no problem in changing the script.

Please make your recording nice and clear sounding. I don't want it to sound like a bunch of kids arguing over ventrillo :-) Also, if it's nice and clear, I can add background ambiance (I am a sound engineer after all), music, etc.

Thanks guys :-) Text incoming soon!

Return to “Sound Effects & Music”