Sound Effect / Music Composition - Page 5

Sound Effect / Music Composition

Discuss sound effects, game music, and the creation thereof.

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Sound Effect / Music Composition

Post by PicassoCT »

Oh, hes already gone cryoskating, im to late for threadlock trolliday and party hard on his gaveup ... :(
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Neddie wrote:
Beherith wrote:If I collected all the authors from freesounds, and dumped them in a file giving them credit, would that suffice?
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe so.
I got the impression from jk that this is not sufficient for many Linux distributions. Apparently tracking attribution for projects that large is too much work for them to accept attribution licences.
Kanoba

Post by Kanoba »

copywrite is the biggest joke in history esp when it comes to music seeing as every thing is just a copy of a copy of a copy =/ and i dont wanna do sound any more lol i wanna do animation >.< ohh i do however still play ice hockey and wanna play in the NHL >.<
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Google_Frog wrote:
Neddie wrote:
Beherith wrote:If I collected all the authors from freesounds, and dumped them in a file giving them credit, would that suffice?
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe so.
I got the impression from jk that this is not sufficient for many Linux distributions. Apparently tracking attribution for projects that large is too much work for them to accept attribution licences.
By that we mean Debian, and the problem is one of their own creation through a chosen interpretation.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Kanoba wrote:copywrite is the biggest joke in history esp when it comes to music seeing as every thing is just a copy of a copy of a copy =/ and i dont wanna do sound any more lol i wanna do animation >.<
Spring doesn't handle proper animation like organic animation etc...
it is all handled in Cob (Compiled unit script) Bos (Uncompiled unit script) and Lua (uhh lua... that we all know and love)
but you can make an okayish animation with it
it handles all other things too like pointing weapon points etc...

If you are in the mood making sounds.
Your sound effect is great but there gives something which could be improved

The nuke start should sound more ,,scary" louder and more effect especially at the start a big woosh or something like that

And the explosion more louder since it is a nuke
scifi

Post by scifi »

hey thats some cool sounds you got there, dont worry about license, release it opengl there is no problem with it

btw also you can always add Spring to your portfolio somehow if you get a job, it can always be good in your curriculum

Open source games - music designer/maker :wink:

it helps getting experience also

anyways i loved the music, great stuff!!
knorke

Post by knorke »

i am using some of your sounds as "stand-in" sounds, maybe might keep them even :)
pro tip:
update your start post with download link so it is easier to find, without searching through the thread.
ARACHNID

Post by ARACHNID »

I make hardstyle hardcore and a bit of phsy trance one the sideand if ur looking to make music i use cubase if theres anything i can help u with or if theres anything u need just giv me a holla id b more than happy to help as ive bn producing for nealy 7 years now and allways more than happy to help new producers :)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Hey arachnid, do you perhaps have a soundcloud or other site where I could sample your production?

Return to “Sound Effects & Music”