AA Startup backgrounds w/ tips (maybe?) (submit yours)

[ARCHIVED]

Moderators: Caydr, Moderators, Content Developer

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

AA forum doesn't get enough traffic presently for this to be effective, so it's going here. AA, by the way, not due out anytime soon.

I've been trying to think of how to put across the basics of playing a TA-themed mod properly. I remembered that people have a tendency to remember things they find funny. For example, a conversation between Smoth and Argh will remain with us for a long time, while a conversation involving only one of them will be forgotten before you can say "homoerotic tension."

So, I thought I'd make a bunch of startup backgrounds that are memegenerator'd. Each startup background would have four of them. They would be the sorts of things you'd find in this awesome thread.

They can be either helpful or misleading, depending on what "face" you assign them. You can either make them on http://www.memegenerator.net and post them here or you can just post the text and I'll make them.

They must be free of profanity, racism, sexism, etc. You'll get appropriate credit somehow.
knorke

Re: AA Startup backgrounds w/ tips (maybe?) (submit yours)

Post by knorke »

Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Make a tutorial campaign.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Why post this here just because current AA traffic is low? Low traffic means that noone has anything to say, not that noone would check the subforum in case someone said something.

People usually like to see their work appreciated. To see their work players will have to start up the new AA, before that can happen AA will have to be released. Loadscreens aren't required for a game so wait for a release as you will receive much more enthusiasm.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Ill-considered. Move to aa forum if you want then.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

your starting point is a complete mod (minus the gashed balance), how long does it take to bodge in a bunch of lua, fix the wezels and release :P
Gota

Post by Gota »

Ivory that was tried before.
Revenge,together with FlopFlop i think,released an updated AA,like a year back.
They even added some visuals.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

wasn't released by caydr and therefore i never played it due to it being some cheap knock off.

id play anything caydr would release due to his weight and skill in the modding community.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Spawn_Retard wrote:id play anything caydr would release due to his weight
Hehe.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I smiled with pride and then I resolved to name a new shitty unit "Bruce".
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Caydr wrote:I smiled with pride and then I resolved to name a new shitty unit "Bruce".
must be elvis styled and have a chainsaw for an arm...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I would assume he'd just bring back the Leejen and change the name.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Leejen was useful for something: scouting where nothing else could possibly reach. It was like a Pyro with its weapons traded for tons of HP and LoS. Useful in rare situations, like for example heavy anti-air, LLTs present to stop fast/light scouts, etc.

Not useful in a LOT of situations but I've never been an advocate of removing things just because you won't see them very often. If you need something in one out of a hundred games and in that game you need that exact type of unit, it's there for you. No harm in it.

No, my friend, the Bruce is going to be absolutely infernally worthless and never built, ever. Literally. It will be impossible to build due to nigh-infinite buildtime and won't be able to move, aim or shoot, and will start with -1 HP. That's what Bruce is to me now.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'd be happy to make you some loadscreens for your new game. Would just need to know the style you want them in.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Uh, post-romantic punk... cybertranny... and everything must have elf-ears. EVERYTHING.

I'm still deciding on what kind of an overall theme I want the game to have. I'm exploring a lot of different directions. Clearly mechanical... but grunge? Realistic? Anime/Gundam? Modern-day? Post-apocolyptic? Hard to say, hard to say.

Return to “Caydr's Projects”