Missing cursors

Missing cursors

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Jools
XTA Developer

Missing cursors

Post by Jools »

Found some cursors in OTA, in /anims/cursors.gaf. Does anyone know if the corresponding stuff already exists in spring. What's a GAF file anyway?

Here are some examples:

When attack point is outside of range:

When ordering a bombing run:

There's also a teleport cursor, but I guess that's never used in xta anymore. Unless maybe in the missions.

The bombing run would be nice to have, but just luxury really. The out of range would be quite handy to implement.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Missing cursors

Post by Jools »

The cursor out of range is now implemented in the svn version, together with some logic of how to handle a selection of multiple units and units/buildings. I think it will be a good improvement.

One note, kamikaze-type units (invader, spidey etc) are not strictly capable of attacking, since they have no weapon. They are now still dealt as normal attacking units, but when I coded it for them I noticed that it's not possible to have them explode by ordering them to attack a position close to self. The engine will display an attack order, unit will move to that position but won't detonate.

I guess most people attack by issuing an auto-destruction order. Would it be desirable to also have them attack with A order?

Return to “XTA”