XTA-Forked

XTA-Forked

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

ShineSmith

XTA-Forked

Post by ShineSmith »

Velocity Multiplier 1.3
Health Multiplier 0.8/0.7
[adjusted default mod options settings]

No t1 scouts at all Noobs hate them, BA players hate them, and so do I.

Moho mines -1/3 E cost (300 to 200)

Increase projectile speed to compensate for unit speed.

Include a defensive building similar to ba llt so covering a wider area with defence is cheaper and more viable than MT.

Include a small and cheap vtol factory that is limited with 2 vtol builders. Simply because i usually go to vtol as soon as i can before i go t2. Helps to support com at front lines, gain access to unobtainable mex and give a little E bonus on maps with trees.

Include a t2 kbot aa unit. Ive said this before, and i hate having to build another lab to counter air. Especially when ive more than likely reclaimed that t1 lab to build my t2! Is there another ta based mod where they DONT have a t2 kbot aa unit ?

Included an armed t1 mex that can at least kill one flash tank. Having to commit units for ever single mex is time consuming and anoying. Rebuilding time, time, and time again the little fucker pisses me off.

Include T2 geo, WHHHHHHHHHHHHY dont we have this already?

Balancing defence buildings to new unit speed is gonna be a bitch!

Im doing this just for me, because i like the changes. It speeds up game play and the moho change alone increases the amount of units in play considerable. Ill doubt any of you will like it, but i would appreciate some critique on my ideas.

Or even some radicle changes you wouldnt advise for xta.

If this ever does get finished [prolly wont knowing me :? ] i wouldnt call it xta. Prolly something like "Extended Total Annihilation Forked" (ETAF)
SinbadEV

Re: XTA-Forked

Post by SinbadEV »

ShineSmith wrote:If this ever does get finished [prolly wont knowing me :? ] i wouldnt call it xta. Prolly something like "Extended Total Annihilation Forked" (ETAF)
I suggest "Fork'n A".
pintle

Post by pintle »

Unless you give the air cons massive bp, they will be terribad at getting you E from trees.

No scouts and cheap porc= why play XTA over BA? (imho)

Interesting choice of changes though :)
ShineSmith

Post by ShineSmith »

Unless you give the air cons massive bp, they will be terribad at getting you E from trees.
Massive bp isnt what im looking for, its just to fill a little niche thats been bugging me for years, lol.
No scouts and cheap porc= why play XTA over BA? (imho)
Playing with faster units "feels" like the scouts aren't necessary tbh, peewee's do that pretty well in all honestly. Cheap porc, well i see your point of view, but the suggested new defence building is going to be less powerfull than a LLT and so will be easily over powered. Its more to do with making my game easier and more enjoyable in the big fights than microing and spending time with the little annoying scraps. Make the game less frustrating = win imo
Interesting choice of changes though :)
tnx dude
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Remember your turret-rotation-rates will still be slow.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I hope you understand you just nerfed all defensive buildings by making units faster...
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Less opportunities to scout sucks. Problem with XTA scouts was that you couldn't consistently scout your enemy without a big offensive investment, now you just can't scout fast period...
Gota

Post by Gota »

No scouts is fine.
Dont add another defensive building.Make mt better.
Make MT better and increase all air hp by a % and you got what u wanted.
After applying the MT buff i suggest adding 15% maybe 20% hp to all turrets to compensate for the faster units.
babbles

Post by babbles »

Will my commander still be overpow...will Commanders be as strong?

And don't call it something with "AF" in it...:p

Just called it RBA, Rebalanced Annihilation, or something. We can do that, right?
ShineSmith

Post by ShineSmith »

GOTA
I hope you understand you just nerfed all defensive buildings by making units faster...
ME
Balancing defence buildings to new unit speed is gonna be a bitch!
Adjusting the MT might be allot better actually. IIRC its got an armour tag for vtol and another for everything else [ground units] so i can adjust it individually.

As for scouting, i could experiment and put vtol scouts in t1 kbot n tank labs just for lolz. But for now im really not bothered about not having them!

Coms wont be touched babz

RBA made me laugh
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Good Luck. Have fun.
smoth

Post by smoth »

april fools joke.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

lol
babbles

Post by babbles »

Posted: 01 Apr 2011, 20:16
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

yeah, friday night I was probably having sex with alot of girls too, but I appreciated having this to come home to and be dissapointed at
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

=( This sounded awesome, a special AF version of XTA in my honour, I'd have thought someone would have cottoned on and made it by now

*cries*
babbles

Post by babbles »

babbles wrote: And don't call it something with "AF" in it...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

dissapointed
yourface

Post by yourface »

Am I the only one who still loves ota?

If you don't know what its based on of course your going to change those things but your just going to keep pushing it futher from ta.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yourface, we all like ota, that's why we play this mod.

Return to “XTA”