Whats this?!? Beta edited by Noruas

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

http://springfiles.com/spring/other/xta ... ted-noruas

I took Deadknights work and ruined it, I expect rage.

Changed various effects.
Also, see changelog, seeing how things go, deadknight will release a final version number now.
Most of these balance changes were meant to be done a while ago... , and now implemented into a beta file.

------------------- Change Log of XTA v9.652 beta edited by noruas (??? and next version) ------------------
Level 1 Arm Lurker and Core Snake now have area of effect damage from 16 to 128 radius, making them more effective against scouts and bunched tidal generators.
Nerfed Kamakazee Subs by from 2500 damage to 1900, and from 2500 to 1000 against commanders, requiring now 4 to guarantee a kill.
Amphibious Boats can now also be built from the advanced vehicle plant. I would recommend against it on land maps since every land unit does what it does better and faster.
Arm Core Decoy Commanders can now capture, to add more combat utility requested by Pintle.
Fixed some of the Invisible Particles that were still rendered.
Doubled Accuracy of Crusader and Enforcer
Reduced Scout boat speeds from an average of 3.7 to 3.2 so kiting will be more difficult. This is still a minor nerf.
Increased buildtime of arm skeeter boat scout by 50 percent to match core searcher. (balance issue)
Because of the cost and health of spiders, they have been shrunk to 2x2 from 3x3 footprint size should be easier to use now.
Added New Lua that prevents nuke particles from spawning if blocked by an anti-nuke.
Added two new nuke effects that are appropriate sizes for the arm nuke and core nuke.
Made some old effects less particle spammy. You will be able to see the difference, /:

Thoughts at least?

Requires xtapev965.sd7
FaerieWithBoots

Re: Whats this?!? Beta edited by Noruas

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

cool, i will have look when i get home tonight
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Noruas wrote:I took Deadknights work and ruined it, I expect rage.
As a matter of fact you did. :twisted:
You deleted moveinfo.tdf from /gamedata/ and it should be there as I mistakenly turned on heatmapping for XTA 9.65, when pathfinding yields better results with heatmapping turned off.
Second bug I found is that you forgot to add cancapture=1; tags to decoy commanders as without it they can't capture, even though you added capturespeed=300; tags.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

No rage here.

The changes seem nice.

And it's also nice to have you back making stuff for xta.

Seems it could have been better communication between you and Deadnight Warrior. But...sometimes ppl just feel like going solo, i can understand that.

Return to “XTA”