XTA 9.643 beta Changelog - Page 2

XTA 9.643 beta Changelog

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

babbles

Re: XTA 9.643 beta Changelog

Post by babbles »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
Gota wrote: Personally i don't particularly like the "in base running around catching scouts between wind gen lines" gameplay.
If this gameplay is acceptable by XTA players-
nah XTA players love that stuff
stop trollin' and go play with your air guitar
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I NEVER CONQUERED, RARELY CAME,
SIXTEEN JUST HELD SUCH BETTER DAYS,
DAYS WHEN I STILL FELT ALIVE
WE COULD WAAAIT TO GET OUTSIDE
THE WORLD WAS WIDE, TOO LATE TO TRY,
THR TOUR WAS OVER WE'D SURVIVED
I COULDNT WAIT
TILL I GOT HOME
TO PASS THE ROOM IN MY ROOOM ALOOONNNE

/strum, strum
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

Looking at some of your suggestiongs, I made a new experimantal mutator.

Link can be found on the #xta channel and it's the same as last one.

Change Log:

All entries marked as experimental are for balance testing only and are figured to change
  • Non-upgradeable commanders are now on "Hold Position" by default, prevents them from wandering off into the battle, they also move in water equally fast as they do on land and masturbate when idle for longer than 10 sec
  • Reduced dancing for all guided missiles, they now shoot in a marginal parabolic (arc) trajectory towards target, prevents missiles from hitting ground
  • Removed missiles bouncing off ground
  • experimental: Increased Stumpy/Raider damage to non-commanders by 25% so far Flash/Gator are still better than Stumpy/Raider if combat groups are of equal total M cost
  • Increased weapon speed of almost all lasers (except for very short range ones), they now hit their target more often and sooner
  • experimental: Jeffy/Weasel HP, M & E cost reduced to 2/3, build time reduced to 5/6, sight range increased by 54% as proposed by several community members
  • experimental: Increased LLT DPS by 23% (damage +10%, reload time -11%)
  • experimental: Ravens and Dominators can toggle rocket type
  • Heavily optimized animation scripts of all fighter planes and bombers
  • Fixed Diplomat's reloading animation
  • experimental: Reduced LLTs sight range to 580 (weapon range + 30)
  • experimental: Increased HLTs sight range to 920 (weapon range + 30)
  • experimental: Renamed two units for the LOLZ
  • Added "State Reverse Toggle" widget, it allows right to left toggling of multi-state buttons like fire/move orders by right clicking
TO DO:
  • Fix firing animation of Wombat and Nixer, and rebalance them against Merl/Diplomat
  • Add custom collision volumes and better footprints and yardmaps for remaining buildings
  • Decompile every remaining COB and optimize it
  • Tune down some exaggerated CEGs to reduce CPU consumption, apparently Noruas did so, but I never received the updates
  • Fix spelling and grammar in unit descriptions and change log
  • Host a general discussion and pools for balancing sea stuff
  • Get high with Pintle, drunk with Shift and make out with [CENSORED], not necessary in that order
Gota

Post by Gota »

So you made scouts better for cost?
Deadnight Warrior

Gota wrote:So you made scouts better for cost?
Your math needs some refreshing.
Yes, scouts are cheaper, they only cost 2/3 the resources than before, but they have only 2/3 of HP than before (keep in mind that LLTs got a buff), and build time is almost the same. Yes, their weapon didn't change at all so they rape wind generators and mexes. I might reduce that to be as powerfull as Zipper's laser, in other words: damage 40->25

It's sad that of all that text you notticed only scout changes.
You failed to mention that I forgot to upload the mutator till now, and the most important feature of game:
Maybe I should call this mod XXXTA.
Gota

Post by Gota »

if scout costs 100 of all resources and has 100 hp than you get 6 scouts that cost 600 resources and have 600 hp together.
If you make them cost 60 and have 60 hp than you get 10 scouts for the cost of 600 resources with 600 hp...
So now ull get 10 scouts instead of 6 that cost just slightly more bp.
Raping bases at start IMO is gonna be even easier at current hp levels of scouts in XTA...

If you disagree than i guess the only way to check is see in game.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Buildtime is the main deciding factor in how fast/how many scouts you get early though, not the resource cost as much. Lowered cost would mainly mean you can get more stuff after the scout without stalling.

May be better keep buildtime as it was though, not lower it.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Johannes wrote:Buildtime is the main deciding factor in how fast/how many scouts you get early though, not the resource cost as much.
not in xta
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Wombat wrote:
Johannes wrote:Buildtime is the main deciding factor in how fast/how many scouts you get early though, not the resource cost as much.
not in xta
yes in xta
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

:regret:
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

had a look at the mechanics of the dominator. Tbh, i dont really like it. The dominators were good as they were for as far i can tell. Can we keep this as it was and just remove that ability from the hovers as well?

And why is the range of HLTs increased? Has it something to do with another balance change?

For the scouts a small HP and Cost reduction should be sufficient. They'll kill each other faster automaticly that way.

To add a sugestion to the list.
Can we increase the torso turnspeed of Kbots?

It is good to see devellopment moving again.
Now i need time to play loads of XTA again :(
Last edited by FaerieWithBoots on 17 Dec 2010, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
pintle

Post by pintle »

FaerieWithBoots wrote:Now i need time to play loads of XTA again :(
This.

DN did you test the stump/raider vs flash/gator in a static line up, or simulating micromanagement? I have long argued that veh is weaker than kbots, but only marginally so. The advantage as I saw it was rocko/storm turn rates, and superior aoe to tanks, with tanks not having enough of an hp advantage. If I were to buff medium tanks it would definitely be HP for cost, and possibly the aoe on their shot.
Deadnight Warrior

pintle wrote:DN did you test the stump/raider vs flash/gator in a static line up, or simulating micromanagement?
No, Flop and Babbles have tested that on Comet Catcher in real combat situation. Flop made Stumpys and Babbles Flash. The result was that Flop eventually made only Flash as well, as Stumpys couldn't win against them.

Though we/they didn't test vehicles vs kbots.
FaerieWithBoots wrote:And why is the range of HLTs increased? Has it something to do with another balance change?
If you call 896->920 a notabe LoS increase, then it's increased.
I wanted to have towers have LoS=weapon range + 30. So that they fire at incoming units even before they enter max range so when the projectile reaches them it will be at max range. Assuming that engine acts that way.
Last edited by Deadnight Warrior on 17 Dec 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
babbles

Post by babbles »

Nvm, deadnight edited his post so my intial point is irrelevant, but this one still stands:

and remove rocket off option please
Last edited by babbles on 17 Dec 2010, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
FaerieWithBoots

Post by FaerieWithBoots »

FaerieWithBoots wrote:And why is the range of HLTs increased? Has it something to do with another balance change?
If you call 896->920 a notabe LoS increase, then it's increased.
I wanted to have towers have LoS=weapon range + 30. So that they fire at incoming units even before they enter max range so when the projectile reaches them it will be at max range. Assuming that engine acts that way.
makes sense to me now :-)
ShineSmith

Post by ShineSmith »

Johannes
May be better keep buildtime as it was though, not lower it.
Babz
<<<<<hp
<<cost
IK
scout --> reduce Mcost, reduce dps.. keeps it resilient for scouting but less effective at raiding.
Gota
4)shift the cost of build time to metal or energy thus making them less viable on start(ATM you get 300 build power for free at start form the commander thus in effect minimizing their cost disadvantage which is the build time) but at the same time not much different in mid or late game.
:shock:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i played few xta games today and they were suprisingly fun, scouts seem to be much better for raiding same as for countering other scouts. still, if u want to kill anything else than con/wind/mex, u need to produce flashes/gators anyway. i think gj, no ?
babbles

Post by babbles »

when I was playing a 1v1 with ray they seemed better, as in, they could still kill stuff but usually didn't kill 1/2 my base and still get out
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

yup, i think first, hopefully not last, change i actually totally enjoyed
Deadnight Warrior

Since some people actually played the beta rather than arguing about it without even trying it out, I'd like you to tell me of all those experimental changes I made, which one should we keep and which to discard.

Return to “XTA”