Least used units? - Page 6

Least used units?

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

pintle

Re: Least used units?

Post by pintle »

Tribulex wrote:U could probably nerf scouts a little bit, but its nice to have a unit that is still useful to actually attack in late game. Thats why the scouts are available on t2 kbot labs (and also the mouse lol)
You realise we were talking about wezel and jeffz0rz right?.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

you realize that some scouts fly, some have legs, and some gire and gimble in the wake rite?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

yeah, he didnt realise.

pint, why dont you knock out the next version? editing fbi files takes minutes and that is all that is really required at this point:

a modification of the commander blast radius to destroy commanders from further out

a standardisation of dgun range between arm and core

significant nerfs to later commander morphs (mostly, axe the movespeed increases and halve the increments in which buildpower increases)
pintle

Post by pintle »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:yeah, he didnt realise.

pint, why dont you knock out the next version? editing fbi files takes minutes and that is all that is really required at this point:

a modification of the commander blast radius to destroy commanders from further out

a standardisation of dgun range between arm and core

significant nerfs to later commander morphs (mostly, axe the movespeed increases and halve the increments in which buildpower increases)
And also remove amphib lab? Revert a lot of the fx additions, tweak scouts, remove mineclearer bot, buff t2 gunships, reduce the cost of immolator etc etc etc...

If xta moved to SVN builds I would tweak fbi's for a test build, but I am not willing or capable of maintaining a mod. If I remade XTA as I wanted it, it would be different enough to be a fork, which I'm not up for maintaining.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

But you would be willing to contribute to an svn?
step

Post by step »

Tribulex wrote:But you would be willing to contribute to an svn?
But where the sources of the mod are stored? If you could give me a link to examine?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

step wrote:But where the sources of the mod are stored?
Download 7-zip. Use it to open .sdz and .sd7.
step

Post by step »

zwzsg wrote:
step wrote:But where the sources of the mod are stored?
Download 7-zip. Use it to open .sdz and .sd7.
Ok. Thanks, didn't knew this is just renamed arhive.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

Oh dear if you can wait a week or two I will have an svn set up. Dont go making another fork, thats just another mess I have to clean up.
pintle

Post by pintle »

I would really welcome XTA:test build SVN, would regularly contribute.
step

Post by step »

Yes. Everybody could contribute and test.
pintle

Post by pintle »

step wrote:Yes. Everybody could contribute and test.
I would argue for a few people being able to contribute to SVN, revert wars would suck.

Open testing would be cool.
step

Post by step »

pintle wrote:
step wrote:Yes. Everybody could contribute and test.
I would argue for a few people being able to contribute to SVN, revert wars would suck.

Open testing would be cool.
Then, we could make a democracy, and voting for changes :lol:
step

Post by step »

Hi again.

In the light of these tonnes of text I flooded here. I propose to increase damage of arti shots from 933 to somewhere near 1500
in next release. This factor 1.5 increase, will increase performance of arti on fat (occupying large area) targets like buildings and tanks, where it sucks compared to luger. The performance on the small targets will stay almost the same, since lots of small targets die already from single arti shot, and will also die after the change.
pintle

Post by pintle »

step wrote:Hi again.

In the light of these tonnes of text I flooded here. I propose to increase damage of arti shots from 933 to somewhere near 1500
in next release. This factor 1.5 increase, will increase performance of arti on fat (occupying large area) targets like buildings and tanks, where it sucks compared to luger. The performance on the small targets will stay almost the same, since lots of small targets die already from single arti shot, and will also die after the change.
Would make them super duper OP vs commanders imo.
step

Post by step »

pintle wrote:
step wrote:Hi again.

Would make them super duper OP vs commanders imo.
But the commander is stilll dying in most cases when hit, because
of impulse or something. I don't remember but somebody claimed that in this thread. Also it is very inaccurate, so one should be very lucky. Also when you have the t2 lab and money for arti, the value of commander decreases and it probably could be killed in variety of other ways.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Why do you obsess over 1 unit when nobody agrees with you
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

he be trollin
babbles

Post by babbles »

He is in CoW.

CoW do not know how to troll.

They only know how to be trolled.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

JohannesH wrote:Why do you obsess over 1 unit when nobody agrees with you
i agree that core arty is underpowered, but i'm not sure on the best way to fix it.

PS: i think the whole concept of extreme dps with low accuracy is broken, and that goes for both lugers and raven. I'd rather have them hitting more consistently but with reduced dps.

Return to “XTA”