The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning] - Page 32

The Star Wars: Imperial Winter Eyecandy Thread [56k warning]

A tense title presenting the period of frigid conflict under Imperial rule in the Star Wars universe at lightspeed.

Moderator: Content Developer

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I actually proposed an alternative that did what he wanted and prevented the issue. Please reread my post.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Mmm, argh requested that I put a thumbnail, so I did. I'd definitely prefer if people were forced to visit our forum to see the larger shots, as there they'll be more likely to read the discussion and comment. Finally, people are a lot more likely to look at all of the shots, rather then the one I post here.

As it stands, there's a total of two clicks in order to see the the larger image, which I don't think is a really huge inconvenience. If you were really committed, you wouldn't even need to check this thread to see if I'd updated, you'd be avidly refreshing our forums ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Well you don't want the first thing a users thinking when they first see your website to be annoyed.:-)

There also doesn't appear to be much point in avidly refreshing as your posting everything here anyway and there's nothing to suggest theres anything interesting outside what your putting here.

A simple thumbnail and a link would do the trick. Everything indicates its 1 single link to a larger image not a forum thread.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*_*
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Yay! It got textured!
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

There's nothing wrong with having a thumbnail link to a forums. I mean, it's a rather shallow ploy and I doubt it's effectiveness (everyone knows how to get there, and it's not like repeatedly being forced to go there is going to make anyone do something they wouldn't already do). Posting a single screenshot here and linking to more images of the thing at your forums would probably do the trick. It's less annoying for people who only want a glance, and for people who want to see more screenshots of it, they can go check out the thread on your forums.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

like this?
Warlord Zsinj edited by AF wrote: Image

See the Rebel Heavy Transport here
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

No, I don't mind providing the link for you, AF, as you requested it. But I want the thumbnail and any full size text to link to the thread on our forums.

I'd really rather people looked at all the screenshots, and then went and commented on it over on our forums. I'm really only posting these here as a convenience to all the SWS fans here at the Spring forums.

Thanks, let's keep this discussion focused on SWS from now on.
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

AF wrote:like this?
Warlord Zsinj edited by AF wrote: Image

See the Rebel Heavy Transport here
Precisely.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Just to repeat my request in the 'eye sex' thread; we are looking for someone to make sexy weapon effects for us using the new CEG tags.

Anyone interested should send me a PM, and would be considered an integral part of the SWS team (including getting hold of the beta >_> )

Also, we have recently updated our Moddb Page, and got another front-page news posting at moddb.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Lies, vote for S44!

On topic: that looks great (as do all the reb units pictured). Now to get SecurE to do more work like that...
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Look, Nemo, just because Spring: 1944 is vastly superior to SWS doesn't give you the right to hijack their threads with advertisements...

:twisted:
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

mod of the year? theres not even a playable alpha! vaporware of the year plzkthx
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

Lies and slander! Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it isn't there! ;) There's a best unreleased mod category anyway, though no doubt Black Mesa Source will win that until roughly 2022.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

You can vote for as many mods as you like, so vote for S44 AND SWS! :P

Imperial Mobile Artillery
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Or save yourself the hassle and don't bother voting for anything!

And Zsinj, we demand more screenshots.. lots more.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Or save yourself the hassle and don't bother voting for anything!
gg
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

The legs on that mobile artillery look too flimsy, especially as the body doesn't touch the ground.

Return to “Star Wars: Imperial Winter”