Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help. - Page 6

Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help.

A tense title presenting the period of frigid conflict under Imperial rule in the Star Wars universe at lightspeed.

Moderator: Content Developer

Hentheden

Re: Imperial Winter - where things stand, and how you can help.

Post by Hentheden »

At the risk of being called a whining sod, what happened (again)? WHY NO COMMENTS!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

life ?
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Perpetuation of the Star Wars myth. It helps bring new DSD players.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The force is no longer with this project...
Last edited by Gota on 08 May 2011, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Really don't know why it isn't just released as is
phas

Post by phas »

FLOZi wrote:Really don't know why it isn't just released as is
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

considering it... Would really like it to be in some sort of package state given the amount of work done. On the one hand I don't want to have done all this work for noone to play with it, on the other hand it would kinda suck to release it unfinished for people to pull it to pieces and release frankenIW, as I'm as much attached to the gamedesign as to my artwork.

That being said it hasn't by any measure been abandoned, me being more or less computerless at the moment hasn't really helped it's progression.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

That being said it hasn't by any measure been abandoned, me being more or less computerless at the moment hasn't really helped it's progression.
there hasnt been a new version or testing for 18+ months, and activity on the forum is negliable... you could buy a rig capable of running spring for like $150 which is what, a few days temp work? Claims that IW development isnt dead are flying in the face of all evidence :(
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I can afford a new computer, part of the reason I haven't got one yet is because I'm still trying to work out how to fit life around proper full time work :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

I work full time as well, I do spring on the weekends mostly. I just moved still have shit in boxes and all that and I have cert stuff to start doing as well. If you cannot find a few hours from time to time then you will never find time. Having a project in a status of perpetual procrastination and excuses is not good.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

it's not like if it was the first stillborn project on spring
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

what really makes me sad is that i played this game like 2 years ago, and it was awesome at that time. I dont know if anything got broken since then, but that state was excellent imo and the visuals beat the shit out of any spring game. I would urge you to release what you have.
phas

Post by phas »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:I can afford a new computer, part of the reason I haven't got one yet is because I'm still trying to work out how to fit life around proper full time work :P
Be realistic, you will not finish imperial winter. Just release it, someone else will do the job and your name will ever be in the credits.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

As said earlier, being in a state of procrastination, perhaps - excuses, no. The only people I feel I owe anything to are the ones that have worked on the project, and they are all as busy IRL as I. I'm not making excuses, I'm just telling you things as they are.

BaNa - if I could get it back to that point I would release it. Subsequent spring updates have broken IW a lot. People were assisting me to fix it but it appears to be a bigger job than expected, and really it needs me to sit down and tinker for a good while.

Anyway, it isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of IW. I've put literally thousands of hours of work into that project so it's important to me that it gets released, but I also want to do all those hours credit by releasing something vaguely cohesive with my design still there.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Warlord Zsinj wrote: on the other hand it would kinda suck to release it unfinished for people to pull it to pieces and release frankenIW, as I'm as much attached to the gamedesign as to my artwork.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

u could always release it, together with (obligatory) to-do-list and control further development of the game. basicly, all these hours of work u put in ur project are wasted :/ im not fan of star wars universe but hell, if gameplay is cool, i would like to play it for sure. not to mention i can learn much about models.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

That'd be a little infuriating, getting hold of a broken, unplayable IW that you aren't allowed to alter?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

With the understanding that:

Waiver ÔÇö Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Public Domain ÔÇö Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
Other Rights ÔÇö In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
The author's moral rights;
Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice ÔÇö For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
phas

Post by phas »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:That'd be a little infuriating, getting hold of a broken, unplayable IW that you aren't allowed to alter?
i don't get your point. are you worried that iw could be altered in a way you don't like?

meh, this is open source man, and you always claimed that imperial winter would have been opensource.

if this happen and you find that you have more time to dedicate on that, you could just then fork it... i mean everything would be better than let iw die

Return to “Star Wars: Imperial Winter”