The S44 team is proud to release a new version of Spring:1944 codename Operation Frühlingserwachen, with almost 400 commits since the last release. Operation Frühlingserwachen or "Spring Awakening" was a combined German and Hungarian counterattack in march of 1945 against the advancing Soviet troops near Lake Balaton .
Major changes since Spring:1944 Operation Frühlingserwachen 3.00:
- A brand new wiki documenting units and more!
- A lot of balancing (unit speeds, turn rates, costs, armor; weapon projectile types (HE/AP/Smoke), cost in terms of ammo use; etc)
- New maps: 1944_Westerplatte, 1944_Keep_Off_The_Grass, 1944_Plateau
- Matches now ended by strategic dominance instead of a potentially hour-long hunt for the last soldier
- Improved ingame chat (modified ZK widget)
- New loadscreens
- Force overhead view mode on start, preventing players to be stuck at start in impossible view modes
- Performance and memory use improvements
- Fixed german Schnellboot firing arc
- Fixed map resource profiles for Eisenwald and Adansonia
- Enforce use of the correct engine version
- Added another HQ platoon for US
- Refactored ship mechanics
- Many bugs fixed.