Commented replays!

Commented replays!

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Commented replays!

Post by Nemo »

I finally got around to making another commented replay!

This time, hoko was able to join me over Mumble as a co-commentator. The game is a pretty fun 2v2 on Road to Rome with Kmar, Buumi, JAL and hoko himself; we had a blast talking about it.

I know I need to work on not zipping the camera around quite as fast, and someone already said our audio levels were too low, but hopefully still enjoyable :)

Feedback welcome!
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: new commented replay!

Post by Nemo »

We're going to try to do another one of these tonight. Poke me on the lobby or post here with good games from this week. If we don't find a good demo, maybe we'll play a few 1v1 and then talk about those :-)
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: new commented replay!

Post by Nemo »

and another one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7HGueDVr2A

a fast (12 minutes) 2v2 on Cooper Hill, with Kmar (SOV)/Code_Man (GER) vs Yuri (SOV)/Hokomoko (ITA).

One of these days we'll sort out proper replay hosting, but until then you can enjoy our synchronized replay-viewing over mumble.

comments/suggestions welcome!
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Commented replays!

Post by Nemo »

And again! (you should probably just subscribe...)

A 3v3 on 1944_Titan: unspaced2/JAL/player01 vs [war]duckoman/Code_Man/Godde; about 40 minutes.

Flying solo this time, hoko wasn't able to join me. Need to work on keeping the energy high all the way through; suggestions for improvement most welcome. I tried to let in a little game sound this time (without repeating the mistakes of my first cast ages ago, where I was drowned out by explosions by the end).
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Boomslam!

This one is actually a vid of me playing: I botched my settings for the commentary that Hoko and I made. Rather than let a day pass with zero content, I decided to just hop in a game and try to talk my way through it.

The result is a pretty amusing first-person fail of a game -- I'm rusty, don't know Italy very well, and talking + playing is trickier than I thought :)

There were some bug-ish things with factories, which should be sorted already.

Apoogies for the ads, had some music in the background that youtube identified. Will be more selective about music in the future.
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Kerpow!

A 1v1 between hoko and JAL. JAL does some savvy scouting and then opts for an incredibly risky and non-standard build order. Will it pay off? You'll have to watch :)
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Another one! this time just mumble chat between me and Hoko as we play a 3v3.

Shazam!

A bit long (just over an hour), but a great game with a good back-and-forth :)

Return to “Spring: 1944”