Any news?

Any news?

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

submarine
AI Developer

Any news?

Post by submarine »

A few days ago I noticed a S44 game with some 1.52 beta version. Is 1.52 (or whatever the next version will be) still being developed? Is there any publicly available progress report?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Any news?

Post by FLOZi »

Hey sub, things are pretty slow. Nemo and I are both busy with RL learning type things, Spiked is working on his MechWarrior project (Which has also been taking most of my 'Spring-time').

I'm not sure why 1.52 wasn't given a full release, we were working on 1.53 when things stalled. There is a RC4 of 1.53 available in #s44 which has quite a few gameplay changes (notably the removal of the barracks being a prerequisite for other yards).

Personally I was working on a major overhaul of the Naval aspect, I got some of the technical stuff out of the way but have yet to finish what I was doing (essentially moving to a kind of 'sortie'-like system for ships called in from buoys on the map edge).
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Nice to hear that you are still working on S44. Based on my own AAI experience I can fully understand the problem of RL interfering with hobby projects...

Is there a possibility of a release within the next few weeks/months? If you already have an RC it seems your work has gotten pretty far.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Just had a quick chat with Nemo and it seems we will try and get 1.53 out sooner rather than later (without my Naval changes as of yet; it's a pretty big project)
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Cool, nice to hear :) But I dont want to hurry you...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I believe Yuri is still producing models, albeit at a reduced rate, and I'm still working on branches outside the main repository.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

I'm working on models, yes, but most of my newer works aren't for S44 (they can be used for map features however, being railroad related things).
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Any progress on the interface? I swear I saw a mockup ages ago that looked awesome.
smoth

Post by smoth »

When I get back around to it is the news. Pretty much been figuring out how to do it in chilli. Doing it in just the gltexrects is probably a bit faster but much less maintainable. Requiring a lot of really ugly work to make everything scale properly. I can do the same thing in chili with minimal effort.

Return to “Spring: 1944”