The next Spring: 1944 release has finally arrived!
(click image for download link)
After about a year and half in development limbo (with some 1700 revisions in the repository) Operation Market Garden has finally made it to public-consumption stage. Folks who made this release excellent include (in no particular order): Evil4Zerggin, Tobi, koshi, SpikedHelmet, FLOZi, yuritch, neddie, carrepairer, smoth, the brains behind rapid/autohost support (det and licho), our dedicated testers/wiki editors (totbuae, godde, tiger88 and JAL leading the charge here), and artists who made maps for S44 or converted existing works to suit S44 better (SirArtturi, Nixa, Beherith, in addition to efforts by SpikedHelmet). This release is the culmination of a TON of effort by all of the above mentioned people (as well as many others who helped us with technical issues in #lua and #sy), and we hope you enjoy the result. Extra thanks to all the people who have made the Spring engine such an excellent platform for development.
Important news! We are establishing weekly game nights every Sunday at 5pm GMT. If you've wanted to check out S44 but felt intimidated by playing a 1v1 with a tester with thousands of hours up his/her sleeve, come join us in #s44 for Sunday evenings for awesome S44 matches, lessons, and generally good fun. Hope to see you there!
Note - We're rolling back the 1.51 release so we can fix a few more issues in our recently re-vamped supply gadget. In the meantime, 1.5 is still awesome! We'll get a fixed release out with the performance improvements as soon as we can. Thanks for the patience!
Changelog from v1.5:
- Fixed error in Partisan gadget when a partisan drop point died.
- Fixed crash in healthbars gadget.
- Con vehicles now get out of the way if 'pushed' so they don't prevent their own construction from occuring.
- Fixed crash in flaghandler
- Indirect fire accuracy code will now apply to mobile guns.
- Mortars will no longer blow each other up when firing in tight groups.
- Stuka will now target boats.
- AFP weapon range fixes.
- Various fx emit flares hidden.
- Stuart muzzleflash fixed.
- Took the gravity boots away from the US scout.
- Made it easier for pontoon raft to unload.
- German HQ no longer fires MG at tanks.
- Fixed LoS of British AT gun truck.
- Infantry no longer drain logistics while firing - anywhere.
- Planes lose sortie duration at a lower rate while under fire (from 4 per second to 3 per second).
- AA weapons 10% shorter range.
- Infantry supply and vehicle ammo gadgets now MUCH MUCH faster! This should improve endgame performance noticeably for everyone. Flozi ftw!
- New shader for flags! They flap in the breeze and turn with the wind! (Thanks jK!)
- Flag radii now show at icon range.
- "Morph" changed to "deploy".
- "Su" changed to "SU" for various soviet vehicles.
- Paratroopers no longer leave corpses when killed in the air.
- Soviet supply truck morphs into a cardinal direction.
- V1s don't give air raid siren warning.
- Toned down tank reflectiveness/specular.
- A series of tweaks to vehicle textures.
- Mine clearing is now a queue-able map command.
- Fixed descriptions for Glider sortie and US assault squad.
- Added widget to show line of fire for AP weapons.
- Added widget to provide a 'control panel' for aircraft when they enter the map.
- Modified customFormations2 widget to allow line commands to single units.
- Removed night, darkening, chilichat, crudemenu, old customFormations widgets.
- Enabled buildETA, 1944 Icon Distance and doubleclick fight by default.
That's all for now, hope to see you ingame! If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, you can find the developers at our forum.