Transfer BA repo ownership to Mando

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Please transfer BA repo ownership to Mando. He has been running the only active host for several weeks now and seems the best choice to preserve BA legacy for future generations.
Silentwings

Re: Transfer BA repo ownership to Mando

Post by Silentwings »

The repo & infra will be used by those intending to keep up with Spring engine progression, or not at all. Also, independent of that, after the long history of consistent aggressive behaviour towards so many other users, I think there is no prospect of Mando owning anything on Springs infra.

More generally, we (=Spring infra maintainers) are not keen on half-way houses between "normal" use of Spring's infra and those going it alone. The various parts of infra basically have to update in sync or they'll break each other, and we don't have manpower or interest to support legacy infra code. Afaics the only viable long term options, for any project, are all in or all out.

Ofc the fork button on github is yours for taking, and outside of Springs infra I guess code licenses are all you take with you, etc etc.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Does it mean that you (=Spring infra maintainers) have a saying in affairs belonging to individual game development projects (e.g. passing over from one maintainer to another)? I lived under the impression that stuff like this here only is a matter of the current game maintainer(s) (which is Shox afaik).

(My question does not imply any stance of mine regarding the request of the OP.)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

For clarity - by "the" repo, I mean "the repo which is connected to Springs infra". Ofc if some project/fork maintains its own infra (as ZK do) or simply has none, that's its own concern. Connections to Springs rapid & related stuff are ofc set by us and like any usage right they need some (minimal) trust - so the answer to your question is: sort of, to the extent which results from that.

In BAs case here, I'll save you from the exact words ShoX used, but I'm sure he doesn't mind me responding to the OP.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Ares wrote: 19 May 2019, 00:50 Please transfer BA repo ownership to Mando. He has been running the only active host for several weeks now and seems the best choice to preserve BA legacy for future generations.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/ba36503 ... id=7178438
OPAdolfSatan

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

Forboding Angel wrote: 20 May 2019, 06:23
Ares wrote: 19 May 2019, 00:50 Please transfer BA repo ownership to Mando. He has been running the only active host for several weeks now and seems the best choice to preserve BA legacy for future generations.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/ba36503 ... id=7178438

Why are you laughing? You realize this is a balance annihilation discussion something you know nothing about.. oh wait BA ded in old server and i think it all started when someone by the name of forboding rachel balancing ba which lead to a disaster about over a year ago. Before you start laughing of other peoples plans.. you should focus on your mod first.

If im wrong please someone tell big dolfy ..

Devs don't flag my post. I just want a response from forboding.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

OPAdolfSatan wrote: 21 May 2019, 03:18you should focus on your mod first.
I did! I fixed decloak range and area cloak issues with 104+ today! Pretty awesome right?! But then I thought 'You know what?', Ares posted on the Spring boards about giving the BA repo to Mando and that's pretty funny, let's post a GIF!'.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”