Re: News: BA 10.03 ...Discord (split)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Split from viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36663&p=584770#p584770 (Silentwings)
very_bad_soldier wrote:Developers do not use Discord because it is far from suitable for such things (I can say as a developer). It's a gamer chatroom.
Wrong, also this logical is so fucked, I dont know if it's worth explaining why...

"ME DEV SO ME KNOW WHAT ALL DEV IN WORLD DO", absurd.
very_bad_soldier wrote:Anyway, every BA balance discussion we have trying to be constructive is ended by someone joining and turning it into an offtopic Discord discussion.
I was just explaining to ares, that it's not because the discussion is not happenning on spring forum that it doesn't exist, you cannot decide which media the devs decide to use.
Not sure devs would have so many feedbacks, bugreports, constructive and respectfull discussions without discord. Forums like this one are just like discussing with telegraph while you can use a phone. So yes maybe that the phone we use might be a Devil's phone, but FUCK YEA ITS A GOOD ONE.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: News: BA 10.03 End-game rules, bugfixes and adjustments

Post by Ares »

Discord Yes-Men saying yes is how BA ended up with 3000 bad changes.

Other thread only person supporting this change was a Discord Yes-Man, now this thread is Discord Yes-Men ganging up on the one guy who has his own opinion about something.

Joining Discord won't change your attitude and if you really cared what anyone outside of Discord thought you wouldn't have made this change.
[Fx]Doo

Post by [Fx]Doo »

Do you want to be provided with a list of players who agreed upon this change?

Yes, the 4 people who answered they didnt want a change to happen on the forum was a minority, and that minority's arguments mostly consisted of "don't change stuff because it makes things inconsistant and unreliable", which is the exact thing this update aims to fix.

Now, keep in mind that this barely change your generic team game, only in rare cases ("I honestly consider this a quite theoretical scenario as I cannot remember that I have seen this happening in real-life."==> btw i have few replays of it happening in team games). It doesnt affect your generic duel games. And affects FFA in reallowing combombs AS LONG as it doesn't involve the last commanders (feature reallowing combomb, as you Ares was asking for but failed to even read the content of this change notification).

As for all that fuss about discord, sersious f*** off. Don't want to use it ? Then don't, i'm fine with it. But don't come around complaining that you aren't aware of what others' people opinions were.
tp40

Post by tp40 »

Hmm, is discord more harmonious than this forum?

Perhaps a graphic can be drawn on the screen for players who have commanders involved in an alternate-rules duel? No suitable graphic comes to my mind, but if there was such a thing, that might help people become aware of what is going on.
Ares

Post by Ares »

tp40 wrote:Hmm, is discord more harmonious than this forum?
Yes, a circle of Discord Yes-Men endlessly voting in favor of increasing their own control over server, lobby & balance.
tp40

Post by tp40 »

Endlessly voting to increase their control ... what? That's weirdly misplaced. In open source, whoever does the work has control.
gajop

Post by gajop »

As a neutral third party (I don't play nor dev BA), I'd recommend you guys drop the Discord divide that is being created.
Discord is just a medium for discussion. It shouldn't be what separates playerbase into various cliques.

There should be more discussion going on about the issue at hand (Comm end rules?).
[Fx]Doo

Post by [Fx]Doo »

@Silentwings,gajop,Ares:

Please keep this thread clean from non "News: BA 10.03 End-game rules, bugfixes and adjustments"-related talk.
If you want to point out the fact that you discourage the use of Discord for deving, you're free to do so in a separate thread.

This place is meant to notify the players about a new release and give them informations on the changes, aswell as get feedbacks from PLAYERS.

I'll insist again on "feedbacks from PLAYERS" since I think opinions on a change that you haven't tested (yet?) and that some of you seem to misunderstand are misplaced and will not help us in any way, but will lead to exacerbating the preexistant split in BA community.

More particularly @Silentwing, Ares:
It seems to me that you two regularly throw offtopic discussions on BA related posts ("MO_PreventCombomb possible rework", "BA sea balance"), which makes it look like you are both kowingly taking on discussions hoping to get excessive reactions from other users.
I truly hope I am overthinking and that it is done without intent to harm the community nor the credibility of devs/assisting players.
Please use appropriate places to discuss the skills of the current devteam.

Thank you.
Ares

Post by Ares »

I said this is a bad change, stop trying to change the topic Doo.
[Fx]Doo

Post by [Fx]Doo »

A change that you haven't tested nor tried to understand but still report as bad for the sole sake of opposing.
Actually, a change in name only, since it doesnt change anything besides reallowing combombs in FFA which you asked for yourself. (aka "dguns should dgun")

I don't understand what reason there is to be against this change. Understanding your point certainly is beyond my skills as a dev.

This is going in a way that restores the "VANILLA", progressively, by reallowing the things that were constantly being restricted.
What wrong does it do to you, who are asking for the exact same thing?

Do you have a decent proposition to make ? Maybe your point is that prevent combomb was better in 9.46? If that is the case, aren't you actually disagreeing with yourself by sayng you want a vanilla experience but 9.46's prevent combomb?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Yes, make it a draw when its a draw. That's all.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”