Why are penguins central to New BA?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Doo said Discord is reflective of the true state of BA. I was surprised to be greeted by this:

I think the chance of finding animal life in a galaxy devastated with infinite war is low and cannot be considered preserving the spirit of the TA universe.

The commander is the size of a large tower block, therefore even the smallest penguin is larger than a real life bus.

I noticed developers give certain players special in-game treatment. For example whenever Lucy spawns a penguin spawns with her. I think this is a step in the wrong direction. Especially given the recent Battlefront situation.

Development time that could be spent fixing real issues like pathing or balance is being spent on penguins
MasterBel2

Re: Why are penguins central to New BA?

Post by MasterBel2 »

Ares wrote:Development time that could be spent fixing real issues like pathing or balance is being spent on penguins
Allow the devs to have their fun ^^ they already cut out of their time to work on maintaining the game, why not have a little laugh as well? Also, I don't see you working towards being able to contribute towards helping with these "real issues" either.

Maybe you could ask the devs if you could have a special AFUS decal placed on the map where your com spawns. They might go for that.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Oh they are adorable!

Will they have santa hats? :)
gajop

Post by gajop »

Penguin leather as new resource?
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Can we have "BA /chickens/pengiuns/" with eggs?
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

ZK should have companion lobsters.
The Yak

Post by The Yak »

Didn't XTA have a complete critters system with birds and other stuff? I remember it spawning lots of penguins on the cold place.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yes and now there's a complete ecosystem as well, with predators consuming their prey.

Yeah I don't know where this is going , but I think it's funny. I also like penguins.

EDIT: maybe there is some scientific basis for smart penguins here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-SmhFlFoQ

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”