BA Fork Episode 2 uncensored (for now)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

quakeman2

Post by quakeman2 »

It has been months already since the request from CommanderSpice to clone the TS database data into his Phoenix Annihilation MOD.

Same REBA story repeating again:

1) Someone don't like current BA status and start a BA fork
2) Floris cries
3) Admins start inventing pathetic excuses to save Floris employment

I even had to cancel celebration party for his resignation. (He trolled us all obviously)

Now... Floris must be some admin's girlfriend, otherwise i cant see any reason why they would do that.

Anyway...
lucky for the community Mando the saviour is here again to bring justice.
I'm asking once more for the damn DB clone of BA into either Phoenix Annihilation mod or REBA mod.
In case more excuses will be given, i guess will be time to end this SLDB blackmail bullshit and make a proper SLDB.
Initial TS data can be easily got with and hax anyway, so...

Also considering the great success of latest BA versions from Floris, i suggest to let him continue his development in another fork maybe named JA (Jealous Annihilation), and let other developers bring on the standard BA dev job.

To Silentwings: Good idea to lock the post talking about BA Fork so that it doesn't appear on top anymore by people posting new stuff.

Please avoid making deliberately provocative posts, and respect moderators actions. (Silentwings)
gajop

Re: BA Fork Episode 2 uncensored (for now)

Post by gajop »

4) This kind of request won't convince anyone to assist you.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

Are these forks using BA TS database currently? If yes then I guess it's not a big issue because they are not very popular yet.
I guess this task should be done via PM to SLDB owner not via posts like that
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I like his tone.
I like his confidence in his right to everything spring-infra.
I like his confidence in a project with just a handful of commits since fork half a year ago.
I like his desperation.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

@OP, presumably you haven't bothered to read viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35809#p580639, or bothered to actually ask anyone -- CommanderSpice was given a green light to start Phoenix Annihilation off from a copy of BAs TrueSkill database.
quakeman2

Post by quakeman2 »

gajop wrote:4) This kind of request won't convince anyone to assist you.
Well mando is polite in his own way xD
jamerlan wrote:Are these forks using BA TS database currently? If yes then I guess it's not a big issue because they are not very popular yet.
I guess this task should be done via PM to SLDB owner not via posts like that
Today 14 people playing 7v7 and all quit after the totally unbalanced teams.... again.... (not very popular.... and this way they will never be... that's admin's plan)
Silentwings wrote:@OP, presumably you haven't bothered to read viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35809#p580639, or bothered to actually ask anyone -- CommanderSpice was given a green light to start Phoenix Annihilation off from a copy of BAs TrueSkill database.
Yeah but has never been done by admins in the end.
Very sensitive to words and meaningless stuff but about practical facts 0 actions.

User was warned for this post, felony 2. Take warnings not to make unconstructive posts seriously. (Silentwings)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You are wrong again, presumably for the same reasons as before.

As it stands, Phoenix Annihilation have permission to fork BAs TrueSkill database, but have not yet asked bibim to actually do it, I guess because they do not yet want to make a release - it is up to them to choose when.
quakeman2

Post by quakeman2 »

Silentwings wrote:but have not yet asked bibim to actually do it, I guess because they do not yet want to make a release - it is up to them to choose when.
I guess they just don't know they have to ask someone else as CommanderSpice was just waiting for something from you guys.
So what about REBA? First version has been released and being played with people quitting for the TS bullshit.
Should i ask bibim about that too?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I guess ...
Wrong again - they were told to pm bibim.
what about REBA?
-> Not happening. Clean up your behaviour and you may have better luck in future.

Fyi, since months have now passed without you showing any sign of following Springs guidelines on forks/mutators, I have removed your botflags.
quakeman2

Post by quakeman2 »

ROFLocked (gajop)

User was warned for this post, felonies 2 & 6. (Silentwings)

User and related hosts were banned for ignoring repeated warnings of the same nature, about the same issue.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”