"Ruin BA so that people will play Evo" - Forbs 2016

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... its/master

Forboding Angel continues to make stealth changes post 9.46, even after promosing to stop touching BA in favour of Evo and advertising his personal Discord.

Flow don't let him ruin BA with his unironic commits, work with the Balance Committee to make BA great again in 2017!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1109607666

Forbs why dont you make your own game? Then you can do whatever you like to it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: "Ruin BA so that people will play Evo" - Forbs 2016

Post by Forboding Angel »

azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Ares wrote: Forboding Angel continues to make stealth changes post 9.46, even after promosing to stop touching BA in favour of Evo and advertising his personal Discord
You are not used to sarcasm and irony, are you? :-D
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

Some one is apparently a try hard...
RageQuitIVU

Post by RageQuitIVU »

Well perhaps he is wondering why someone would develop a mod before throwing it out of a plane
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Ruining BA so people will play Evo (For realsies this time)

Silentwings

Re: Ruining BA so people will play Evo (For realsies this time)

Post by Silentwings »

Things like this seem rather academic, when the player-base continues to use V9.46 and doesn't use the (eight/nine...?) more recent versions anyway. http://replays.springrts.com/?game_pref=1

You need reconciliation here, not constant randomized influx of "new" stuff from elsewhere. Without that, in the long run when 9.46 dies/ages the only outcome I can see is fork gets played.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Humor is lost upon you.

Furthermore, you are ignoring what floris has said over and over and over and over.

The versions he put out were essentially test versions. He couldn't get anyone to test, so, he put out new versions (that were very much not ready) in hopes of actually getting some testing done (I would not have done this, but then again, I'm not in charge of BA). This fact has been repeated ad nauseam, and I know that you've seen it said more than once. Please stop muddying the waters with disinformation.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

There is no misinformation contained within my post. Perpetual rejection of so many "test" stable versions is the cause of my concern.

Also, please be wary of https://springrts.com/wiki/Felony#m3, especially on topics closely related to viewtopic.php?f=44&p=580239#p580239.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I find it funny because morphing moho mexes is one of the early versions of the economy rework implemented by CA.
RageQuitIVU

Post by RageQuitIVU »

How will this moprhing be implemented? Morph at any time you like to? No T2 lab required?

If so then I welcome this change. Less messing with pathing and more PW spam.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Forbs you should surrender your dev access, clearly the future of BA is just a joke for you. Keep ruining BA so more people will play Evo, to quote yourself.

This message sponsored by Discord TM. Please join Forbs EVO Discord TM "be part of the community" TM and invest in our company today. This message proudly brought to you by Forbs open source (registered trademark all rights reserved) Discord community ©.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

RageQuitIVU wrote:How will this moprhing be implemented? Morph at any time you like to? No T2 lab required?

If so then I welcome this change. Less messing with pathing and more PW spam.
Aren't you ban dodging? This is actually a good question though, in spite of yourself. Yes, currently it would be possible to morph right off the bat. That said, it's a simple switch in the defs to force it to only be available when you have reached t2. It's all behind a disabled modoption, so it's kinda silly to complain about an option being available. The modoptions allow for non-devs to test on their own, possible changes to how things work without corrupting the core game.
Ares wrote:Forbs you should surrender your dev access, clearly the future of BA is just a joke for you. Keep ruining BA so more people will play Evo, to quote yourself.

This message sponsored by Discord TM. Please join Forbs EVO Discord TM "be part of the community" TM and invest in our company today. This message proudly brought to you by Forbs open source (registered trademark all rights reserved) Discord community ©.
Actually, you are (or was it senna?) are the one that made that quote. I just turned it into a proper joke. Because I love spending hours working on something just to destroy it. Silly Ares.

You do understand that discord is simply the client, and the communities are contained within and separated from one another, right? When I tell you to talk on discord, I am sending you the link to the BA community, where the real communication happens. If you refuse to communicate there, don't expect anyone to pay much attention to you.

Also:
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

All: Please avoid peppering your responses with insults, and avoid provocative memes. Repeated unconstructive criticisms (from both players->devs and devs->players) are not welcomed here.

Locked.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”