You are making yourself seem incompetent.
First off, a little background. BA used to be on SVN. SVN cannot properly branch. Therefore, if you want to add cegs to projectiles, projectile impacts, and unit explosions, it must be done in master.
In BA this is a massive undertaking, one that Floris and I talked about at length. I set the stage for him so that he could then go and reimplement specific explosions for specific units. You'll notice that in that cluster of commits the comm explosions probably doesn't do any damage either.
This is in preparation for having different effects for each explosion, but having a random weapons folder with crap strewn everywhere is not a good way to build a foundation.
As you can see for yourself, that file contains all of the explosions used for when units explode now (except for crawling bombs maybe?), nullifying all of the extra junk in the weapons folder.
https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... osions.lua
I'm pretty sure I can cherry pick a single commit to the engine and exclaim AHA! AMBA BROKE THE ENGINE HERE HE'S TRYING TO RUIN SPRING!!! But the reality is that that commit is part of a much larger picture.
As far as windgens chaining, it was Floris' decision. I implemented the CEGs initially and set it all up for him to do his own work to them, letting him know that for various things he would need to add them in (like mm chaining or fusions doing damage when they die or comm explosions doing damage). If you don't understand what a framework is, then you have no business speaking to me.
A trend from you, is taking out of context commits and pointing at them as if they were some sort of smoking gun. Additionally the addition of CEGs was done at a time when there was an understanding that there wouldn't be a BA release for quite some time.
After completing this, I made it clear that moving to git was an absolute necessity, simply because of the fact that the CEG framework should have been done in a branch (so that BA releases could be done on the original schedule), and that's what I wanted to do, but it was impossible because of SVN.