9.51 Forboding Angel revert to 9.46 - Page 2

9.51 Forboding Angel revert to 9.46

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

quakeman2

Re: 9.51 Forboding Angel revert to 9.46

Post by quakeman2 »

PicassoCT wrote:BA is open source,
LOL
As open as its True Skill database data
Floris wrote:I must say that I dont desire or had planned to be the BA balancing dev, but I did want to make some structural changes first, before anybody else would take Decay's place.
Ye if only someone offered to help on that :D
Senna wrote:This will only end closing BA or any mod using old OTA cavedog models.
No this will end up with Overkill host being banned as Floris start crying. Same as happened for BlackHoleHost hosting a test mod that could possibly leave him unemployed. I missed the step when Floris became the owner of BA tho (with full support of other admins sadly)

But in the end as Floris said few days ago in Overkillhost's public chat: "Democracy is not always the best solution..."
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

No - there is nothing against hosting old versions of games (and even engines), and it has happened in the past for long periods of time with other games. In particular, there is no need to rush into resolving these issues.
As open as its True Skill database data
Fyi: This is off-topic but it is a genuine issue that we currently don't have but do seem to need community-wide guidelines on - it is being (slowly) thought about by us moderators at the request of infra devs - what should define a fork as opposed to an imitation, what should protect games own names/brands, and if/when a legitimate fork may *initialize* its own TS values from the forked games TS values.
OPAdolfSatan

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

GG Ba Forever dEd.. Might as well move to PA where units remains consistent with OP Unbalancing and senna you turd stop spreading rumors about ba that it should be move back to old version you'd still suck at it :-) :-) :-)
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

please give back jethro dt and t2 torpedo launcher
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Aether_0001 wrote:please give back jethro dt and t2 torpedo launcher
Did ya one better, now when the thunderbomber drops bombs, they split into clusterbombs and each bomblet has a random chance to become a DT or a nuke mine when it hits the ground.

New commander ability "RunYerBoi", causes rocket boosters to sprout from the ass of the commander, at which point he bends over and makes a hasty getaway.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Aether_0001 wrote:please give back jethro dt and t2 torpedo launcher
Did ya one better, now when the thunderbomber drops bombs, they split into clusterbombs and each bomblet has a random chance to become a DT or a nuke mine when it hits the ground.

New commander ability "RunYerBoi", causes rocket boosters to sprout from the ass of the commander, at which point he bends over and makes a hasty getaway.
Perfect! Now replace blue sub water laser in commanders; make it so that whenever they shoot it launchers a TOTALA.EXE
quakeman2

Post by quakeman2 »

Silentwings wrote:Fyi: This is off-topic but it is a genuine issue that we currently don't have but do seem to need community-wide guidelines on - it is being (slowly) thought about by us moderators at the request of infra devs - what should define a fork as opposed to an imitation, what should protect games own names/brands, and if/when a legitimate fork may *initialize* its own TS values from the forked games TS values.
Wow finally some Admin is considering the option of making BA and TS database OpenSource again.
This is the first good news since the beginning of the Floris dark ages.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Let us celebrate by having a flamewar on columwidth and formula format

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”