LOS, and energy AI

LOS, and energy AI

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

NeOmega

LOS, and energy AI

Post by NeOmega »

LOS:
can line of sight just be improved to the range of most units? Tactical scouting encourages scout spam. There is no reason for it... ...and why do these bots all have such terrible optics that they are limited to about 100 M at best?

Energy AI:
It would be nice if energy priority was given to energy weapon units. I don't know how it would be implemented, but weapons should get the first priority.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: LOS, and energy AI

Post by jamerlan »

NeOmega wrote:LOS:
can line of sight just be improved to the range of most units? Tactical scouting encourages scout spam. There is no reason for it... ...and why do these bots all have such terrible optics that they are limited to about 100 M at best?
Try to play OpenRA - their units are much more blind :-)
NeOmega wrote:LOS:
Energy AI:
It would be nice if energy priority was given to energy weapon units. I don't know how it would be implemented, but weapons should get the first priority.
What about cloacked units like commanders? Or radars/shields?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Set all constructors to passive mode?
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

constructors cant know when energy is cgoing to be used by units, so maybe an energy reserve slider, where you can set how much energy you want used only for weapons.

And cloaking, shields and radar should get 1st priority always, then weapons.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

... cant know when energy is cgoing to be used by units
Wrong. Set all constructors to passive mode -> non-constructors will get first claim on resources.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”