widget selector in IceUI

widget selector in IceUI

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

qray

widget selector in IceUI

Post by qray »

Is there any easy way of disabling the widget selector in the newer versions of BA?

I still play with IceUI and this disables the one from Ice, which I personally find much more clear due to the columns and topic sorting:
Attachments
screen00266.jpg
(87.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
klapmongool

Re: widget selector

Post by klapmongool »

Perhaps this could be used instead of the current widget selector?
qray

Post by qray »

klapmongool wrote:Perhaps this could be used instead of the current widget selector?
I guess it's not as easy as simply swapping files.
BA widget selector also includes stuff like "allow user widgets" and the "Reload LuaUI" etc. buttons, which I are not in the iceui one. Apart from that, the iceui one relies on the iceui framework and is not a standalone widget.
So, as far as I can see the only way to get the layout into redui would be to implement columns and categories in the redui widget selector which is a bit of work.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Putting this file in your widgets dir will both overrule BAs inbuilt widget selector (which is not part of RedUI) and unbind the keys for the engines own widget selector (which BA uses as a fallback when it can't find it's own).
Attachments
widget_selector.lua
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
qray

Re: widget selector in IceUI

Post by qray »

Now nobody can say anymore that the imported "made in china" widgets don't work as well as the domestic ones :wink:

Thanks a billion! :-) Works like a charm.

After seeing it, I have to admit I am a bit embarrassed that I haven't thought of such an approach myself :oops:

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”