DSD no longer most played map!

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

History!

http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/springstats.html

I guess they play a lot of Titan in ZK
Floris

Re: DSD no longer most played map!

Post by Floris »

But I believe it still is! ....because people play crowded dsd's.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Floris wrote:But I believe it still is! ....because people play crowded dsd's.
The stats are minutes per player per map.
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

Eye of Horus is something of a "default map" for Evo.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I always found Titan_V2 players quite arrogant. No the sort of jolly old e-sports crowd.
More the type of
"We play chess, not because we like it, or the chill of competition, but to distinct us from the lower unwashed masses"

Elitism at is prime. Hope the british empire happens to them. What goes up, must come down, what goes titanically high up, must become a dinosaurier delete event.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Half of maps listed in these stats are in fact some design-clones of dsd
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

"clone" is somewhat subjective but - No, they aren't.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:
"clone" is somewhat subjective but - No, they aren't.
Indeed. Also, check out what diversity there is in map types in the top20. Amazing really.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Silentwings wrote:"clone" is somewhat subjective but - No, they aren't.
Nope, they are
Just compare the distances between each team-to-team start pos and number of turns
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Yep, on that metric my car is equal to my dinner table. Cba to draw a diagram, sorry.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

100Gbps wrote:
Silentwings wrote:"clone" is somewhat subjective but - No, they aren't.
Nope, they are
Just compare the distances between each team-to-team start pos and number of turns
How much you want to bet that I can come up with more maps that are unlike DSD than you can come up with maps that are like DSD from the top 20?
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Show me the total number of battles on top 5 (incl. map names) compared to next 15 of these 20
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

100Gbps wrote:Show me the total number of battles on top 5 (incl. map names) compared to next 15 of these 20
No. Check the link in opening post for available stats.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Ok, just for example 'Eye of Horus' has almost the same startpos metal spots in triangle as DSD. The diff is not big - the 3rd spot is a bit away from start pos. The map also has smaller distances between enemies compared to DSD. Which is mb is normal, cause it is for 3v3 ... If I remember right, sides can be North vs South or like in DSD West vs East
'Conquest of paradise' - 4v4, same startpos metal spots as DSD, smaller distances, West vs East based
'Small Divide' - 2v2, same metal spots, smaller distances
'Small Supreme battlefield' - 4v4, a lot more metal spots around startpos, smaller distances
'Titan Duel' - 3v3, not so serious distance in metal spots (3 spots in a group for player), North vs South or West vs East, smaller distances
'wanderlust' - made for 3v3? Something is wrong here
'Folsom dam deluxe' - 7v7(too much crowded if you ask me), smaller distances, almost DSD with a bridge, one-side flooded version is like DSD flooded
'Chicken nuggets' - 2 players only? Tower defense survival? We are talking about BA here, right?

---
smaller or bigger distances between enemies compared to DSD ones, are not so critical when we're talking about offensive techers, which can deliver fast T1 units to enemy and manage to destroy enough eco buildings

I can post and average winning time for each map (<20mins, not the fucktarded porced DSD battles; DSD can be won in rly short-time), but think you can do that alone
Silentwings wrote:Yep, on that metric my car is equal to my dinner table. Cba to draw a diagram, sorry.
Whatever, don't have time to care about sizes of your dinner table and car. Also must start to draw some ~250 elements for bike-parts, sorry ...
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

If Eye of Horus reminds you of DSD, that speaks a lot. :D

I guess SpeedMetal is also like DSD then:

1) It has some cliffs, like DSD.
2) It can be played with BA, like DSD.
3) it has terrain lanes, like DSD.
4) it has a vast flat area, like DSD.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Delta Siege Dry Phobia can be treated,its never to late to ask for help.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Turned out this has its very own wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

100Gbps wrote:Ok, just for example 'Eye of Horus' has almost the same startpos metal spots in triangle as DSD. The diff is not big - the 3rd spot is a bit away from start pos. The map also has smaller distances between enemies compared to DSD. Which is mb is normal, cause it is for 3v3 ... If I remember right, sides can be North vs South or like in DSD West vs East
'Conquest of paradise' - 4v4, same startpos metal spots as DSD, smaller distances, West vs East based
'Small Divide' - 2v2, same metal spots, smaller distances
'Small Supreme battlefield' - 4v4, a lot more metal spots around startpos, smaller distances
'Titan Duel' - 3v3, not so serious distance in metal spots (3 spots in a group for player), North vs South or West vs East, smaller distances
'wanderlust' - made for 3v3? Something is wrong here
'Folsom dam deluxe' - 7v7(too much crowded if you ask me), smaller distances, almost DSD with a bridge, one-side flooded version is like DSD flooded
'Chicken nuggets' - 2 players only? Tower defense survival? We are talking about BA here, right?

---
smaller or bigger distances between enemies compared to DSD ones, are not so critical when we're talking about offensive techers, which can deliver fast T1 units to enemy and manage to destroy enough eco buildings

I can post and average winning time for each map (<20mins, not the fucktarded porced DSD battles; DSD can be won in rly short-time), but think you can do that alone

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Saying that the maps are the same cause they all have the 3 mex starts is like saying all starcraft 2 maps which have 8 mineral patches and 2 gas are all the same.
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Anarchid, I assuming your conclusion is purely based on your point of view. Like mine.
PicassoCT, phobia is generally a constant fear disorder. If you have a fear from a map of virtual thingy like BA, then search for professional help ASAP.
Silentwings, did you say something on topic with that post?
klapmongool wrote:Image
Asking you too - did you say something on topic with that post?
Beherith, I think battles mainly depend on access to resources and their utilization. If two maps have very small differences in those two, they can be somewhat the same. What do you think about that?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”