Unacceptable unbalance tactical nukes

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

losbellos

Post by losbellos »

Dear developers, players,

I demand that you immediately remove the portable nukes from the core factions. No question about it, it makes the enemy unbeatable... no, there is no portable anti nuke defense!!! ... This is unacceptable!!

Please make the game fairplay!
Last edited by losbellos on 04 May 2014, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Silentwings

Re: Unacceptable unbalance portable nukes

Post by Silentwings »

1) There are no portable nukes.
2) There are portable anti-nukes.
Are you sure you posted in the right game forum?!
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

its just figure of speak, its tactical nuke!
smoth

Post by smoth »

losbellos wrote:its just figure of speak, its tactical nuke!
What unit please?
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Unacceptable unbalance tactical nukes

Post by jamerlan »

losbellos if tac nukes are so cool - why you don't build them and won all games then?

tacnukes are made to kill such porcy players like you lol

re-think of your tactics :-) play more agressive or build tac nukes to counter enemy tac nukes

if you see tac nuke - bomb it for example
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

!kickban

you must be somebody who hates gameplay,
using tacnukes kill the game because your tactic is nothing more than to tech to t2 and tacnukes...
smoth

Post by smoth »

You have yet to present a solid argument as to why tacnukes are unbalanced beyond that YOU FEEL they hurt gameplay..
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

losbellos wrote:This is unacceptable!!
People have been playing the game for like nine years now. They accept it. You should stop and think before you make such a grand statement.
losbellos

Post by losbellos »

this is the point... no thinking in here just flame.

and if it is a question for you:
defacto: do I have anything that can protect my base agains it. NO!
do I have anything like that in arm faction. NO.

defacto:
the game is inbalanced.
(and you are an incapable child)
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

losbellos wrote:defacto: do I have anything that can protect my base agains it. NO!
1. keep area around your base clean (scout and attack(bomb) tacnukes)
2. build your own tacnukes to nuke enemy tacnukes faster
3. play agressiveley and kill all your enemyes around your base before they built tacnukes

say NO to relaxed porcy games.
Next time you will say:
1. lol cannon is braking balance - remove it
2. emp launchers are breaking balance - remove it
3. nukes are breaking balance - remove it
4. air (bombers) are breaking balance ...
5. krog, bantha, spy, snipers, other units
Floris

Post by Floris »

On teamgames they are fine, but on ffa's they are really bad imho. You get killed/diminished with 0 effort too easy.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Actually, I've also often thought tac nuke & emp launcher were a bit crazy in ffa, but whenever I asked it turned out most ffa players (of which I'm not usually one) disagreed. I'd still be curious to hear more opinions...
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Imho there is nothing wrong with tacnukes. Cool unit but hardly auto-win.

About FFA: I guess they give all players a valid reason NOT to sit in their base and not to rely on teching up.
Floris

Post by Floris »

...its not autowin obviously.

It allows exactly this: dimishish a neighbor nearby while being a turtle with some tacnukes.

The whole annoyance with these things is that it is a bad way to die or being literally diminished without a fight/effort. In some cases you can say "You deserved it, bastard", but the fact remains is its a bit harsch that you can be out of the game without any (possible) engagement with that/an enemy. While maybe just being an average Joe, fighting or preparing to fight with the neighbours when suddenly, strike! 1 or 2 hits in some vital parts and you're out of the game. The (tacnuke) turtle won. Its not even tactical anymore, you can hit anything out of the radius of you own base sometimes.

Later in game its usage gets less annoying, but the bad taste aspect can still remain.

In teamgames tacnukes are a whole different story. You dont start at the very front, and the fronts get defined pretty well. So there are some buffers, a reason to hold and gain some extra ground, but fight for it you shall! Not so much with ffa's. In teamgames they are exactly what they are called: TACTICAL
Broker

Post by Broker »

HI All.

Maybe add in game Tactical Missile Defense. like SC. And mobile shields. ))

http://faforever.com/faf/unitsDB/unit.php?bp=UEB4201
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Floris wrote:...its not autowin obviously.

It allows exactly this: dimishish a neighbor nearby while being a turtle with some tacnukes.

The whole annoyance with these things is that it is a bad way to die or being literally diminished without a fight/effort. In some cases you can say "You deserved it, bastard", but the fact remains is its a bit harsch that you can be out of the game without any (possible) engagement with that/an enemy. While maybe just being an average Joe, fighting or preparing to fight with the neighbours when suddenly, strike! 1 or 2 hits in some vital parts and you're out of the game. The (tacnuke) turtle won. Its not even tactical anymore, you can hit anything out of the radius of you own base sometimes.

Later in game its usage gets less annoying, but the bad taste aspect can still remain.

In teamgames tacnukes are a whole different story. You dont start at the very front, and the fronts get defined pretty well. So there are some buffers, a reason to hold and gain some extra ground, but fight for it you shall! Not so much with ffa's. In teamgames they are exactly what they are called: TACTICAL
Maybe tacnukes are exactly what is needed for FFA to prevent people from playing like turtles: you can't claim to be 'preparing to fight a neighbour' when someone else already has tacnukes. Then you clearly waited too long to fight.

I'm not sure what maps you are playing on because most FFA maps are large enough not to have everything in range of tacnuke. If you are playing a smaller FFA (3 players) and you got tacnuked you got yourself to thank for it. You could have bombed the guy, or attacked him with a massive t1 army.

TL;DR: Scouting and attacking is too often forgotten to be a vital part of winning.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Klap, this is mainly a theme on Throne Acidic, as that map is relatively cramped (as is almost all 16way FFA map), with the added bonus that it takes a while for player count to drop (compared to DWorld, where the openness of the map makes fast overruns likelier than on Throne).

BA 7.99 has slightly nerfed tacnukes.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Last I recalled, tacnukes had a huge cost per missile, making them really expensive to spam.
smoth

Post by smoth »

well it only takes 1 with the chain explode mechanic things can go very wrong.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Beherith wrote:Klap, this is mainly a theme on Throne Acidic, as that map is relatively cramped (as is almost all 16way FFA map), with the added bonus that it takes a while for player count to drop (compared to DWorld, where the openness of the map makes fast overruns likelier than on Throne).

BA 7.99 has slightly nerfed tacnukes.
I wish you would stop making balance changes based on challenges some players face in very specific situations.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”