decoy buildings

decoy buildings

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

abma
Spring Developer

decoy buildings

Post by abma »

why is there no advanced fusion decoy building? a fake fusion reactor mostly isn't worth the resources, an advanced fusion decoy would be worth the resources imo...
Silentwings

Re: decoy buildings

Post by Silentwings »

The fake fusion is used sometimes in ffa, but you are right that it's not used all that much. I don't know what the original reasons for fake fusions were, but I think having a fake adv fus would make for frustrating games because of the uncontrollable randomness in whether you get the 'biggest prize' or ~nothing when you killed one. Plain fusions are worth much less and don't have a huge death expl so it's not that annoying when you blow up a fake one. I'm not in a hurry to fiddle with this right now, but I think a more interesting idea is fake moho geos ;)
DragonSpawn

Post by DragonSpawn »

Fake advanced fusions would be amazing. Really even out the air menace.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

I believe fake fusions were added in the Core Contingency. At the time the fusion was the only t2 energy production unit that could be made (geos only existed for t1). At the time it would have made for a much more significant ruse.

I think Arm also had cloak-able fusions at the time, so you could use them in combo to really confuse enemies.

The reason I don't think decoy geos would be worthwhile is because they are so fragile anyway, it seems like it only takes 3 t2 bombers or so to kill one in a single run. Whereas fusions can take quite a beating, so its much more of a commitment.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:The fake fusion is used sometimes in ffa, but you are right that it's not used all that much. I don't know what the original reasons for fake fusions were, but I think having a fake adv fus would make for frustrating games because of the uncontrollable randomness in whether you get the 'biggest prize' or ~nothing when you killed one. Plain fusions are worth much less and don't have a huge death expl so it's not that annoying when you blow up a fake one. I'm not in a hurry to fiddle with this right now, but I think a more interesting idea is fake moho geos ;)
You can see the enemy fus prices, so its easy to find thats a "fake" fusion
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You can see the enemy fus prices, so its easy to find thats a "fake" fusion
No, and you can't do it for fake coms either.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”