Why hasn't DSD been banned? - Page 4

Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

tacho

Re: Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Post by tacho »

I think DSD has not been banned because the arse in the center of the map extremely attractive for its funs )))
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Damn you players, always believing you know better what is fun. Think they so tart! But we will show them. Just smackin down on every server, be it ours or others.
Some of the old Speedmetall crowd now plays dota. and guess what. We join, we support and drop you midgame.

United in butthurt that you dont play our games. The Moodevs ;)
tacho

Post by tacho »

unfortunately, ban of DSD will bee of no effect - peoples on BlackHoleHost seets for hours in spec mode and waiting... for what?

They can to play on other hosts, simply mooving there all together and play up to 8x8 but do not do this...
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

A spectators reprise, since their exile was lifted. Maybe they didn't even want to play after all?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Ares wrote:A spectators reprise, since their exile was lifted. Maybe they didn't even want to play after all?
Soccermoms they are. Give them a peer of Pint, and they will happily ever after lurk on the server, screamin in sylence on the onlookers.

We got to get rid of the gamers, there onlookers, to breed a new shiny masterrace of players to our likening.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

CarRepairer wrote:Question for the OP (since this thread is still alive and kicking): How do you ban a map? Do you ban it by name? Someone can rename it and still play. Do you ban the user? There are no rules against playing a map. You want to add that to the list of rules - No DSD? Do you want to take the time to make some code that detects if a map is really similar to DSD? How similar should it be?

Have I reduced it to absurdity yet or should I go on?
No, I understand your problem. There are other good suggestions in this thread though.

Knorke:

!nextmap produces crappy maps? I'd say only a minority of the time.

Actually read your response and 100% agree after writing something almost word for word the same. I don't know if its a skill level thing, or I'm too old for this game... having played thousands of matches on that map probably

i look at it like babies that have to be forced to try something new

I'll just wait for a saturday or sunday when some other map is being played, which I notice many other vets will abstain from playing during the week also.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

!nextmap only produces terrible maps when the map cycle is scheisse.

Well, I'm putting my ole' good no-DSD hosts back up once I get maps in, though they don't go to higher player counts than 6v6 (simply because I like small-to-medium games, big games tend to have even less teamplay and be more pronouncedly about luck) so uh, join to idle to them if you don't want to play DSD. :P

And yes, one of the reasons I just had a lenghty pause was because of too much DSD. There were others reasons too, sure, but that's a major one regardless.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”