Why hasn't DSD been banned? - Page 2

Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Jazcash

Re: Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Post by Jazcash »

Would probably start playing BA again if there was some sort of system to prevent the same map being played over and over 90% of the day. In the current case, that'll be DSD. It's the reason I left and will continue to be the reason I never come back.
muckl

Post by muckl »

Jazcash wrote:Would probably start playing BA again if there was some sort of system to prevent the same map being played over and over 90% of the day. In the current case, that'll be DSD. It's the reason I left and will continue to be the reason I never come back.

smoth

Post by smoth »

even if someone setup a NO-DSD server, players would choose another shitty map. You were around for the YEARS of speedmetal jazz
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Hence why I phrased my post how I did.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Silentwings wrote: Btw, for all of the last 3 weeks, dsd was certainly the most played map, but was always less that 40% of total minutes played per player, within BA.
40% only? Is it 40% of "large team games" or is it for ALL games like 1v1, FFA, small team games etc?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

As a % of minutes of in game time per player for all BA games.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Do spectators count toward game time? Because the DSD room usually has 16 players but (and this is ridiculous) 24 specs.

So yeah, DSD is a menace. It occupies players who could have been playing, with waiting in line. They are fools though. Fools will do foolish things.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cheesecan wrote:They are fools though. Fools will do foolish things.
before dsd was speed metal, all games have 1-2 maps that seem to get the most play.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

smoth wrote:
before dsd was speed metal, all games have 1-2 maps that seem to get the most play.
Duck!
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Actually, many people enjoy spectating and not all are waiting to play. As far as I know there is no relationship between the number of spectators for big games and the map thats being played.

Of course some are waiting to play & it would be great if someone wrote a battle matching system.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

smoth wrote:
Telling this as if it were news to me.
Difference being that speedmetal had 2-3 games going with few specs.

Silentwings: Brilliant then that these games are full, and specs get kicked routinely for spamming unspec. I applaud your ignorant optimism in the face of simple truth.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

And I applaude you in conjuring my optimism out of the ether, but you'd have more ground insulting me over opinions I actually hold :roll:
Senna

Post by Senna »

dont like dsd? easy, dont play BA no one will care if 1 player or two misses, it will not affect, there are always noobs coming, so is not a big problem, also most people in BA community like 95% likes to play on DSD, one of them its me, there is no problem playing dsd, its the best map in spring, and the most balanced map, thats why people loves it
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:Actually, many people enjoy spectating and not all are waiting to play. As far as I know there is no relationship between the number of spectators for big games and the map thats being played.
about that im not really on, 1 host with 50 specs and leaving empty other hosts, its not fun imo, and most of these specs dont wanna spec, they wanna play, but the problem is people wont change autohosts because all the players holds in 1 autohost, but thats more people problem than autohost's problem.....
smoth

Post by smoth »

simply put people play what they want and people by and large are dumb. BA players are what I generally consider conservative. They want the game to stay fairly the same so they can re-re-repeat the same meta over and over again. Like league but as though all the characters are the same.

I can understand the fun of it and how boring it is.

I think DSD is not one of the best maps but it is the map you lot have spent the most time on and are the most familiar with. I think it is OK but I prefer maps like folsom dam and the rock myself. SSB is fun and I really liked forb's river glade. DSD I never liked because the metal was too low and people are too insistent that you do their meta when many times they are nubbier at spring than I.

but what would I know, when I play AA was still around and played the fuck out of speedmetal. I didn't care what map it was, just was there to build robots to blow up the other guys robot... and the occasional buzzsaw fuckyeah
knorke

Post by knorke »

smoth wrote:... they are nubbier at spring than I.

but what would I know, when I play AA was still around and played the fuck out of speedmetal. I didn't care what map it was, just was there to build robots to blow up the other guys robot... and the occasional buzzsaw fuckyeah
How does one get nubbier than buzzsaw on speedmetal :shock:
smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke wrote:
smoth wrote:when I play*ed regualary* AA was still around and played the fuck out of speedmetal. I didn't care what map it was, just was there to build robots to blow up the other guys robot... and the occasional buzzsaw fuckyeah
How does one get nubbier than buzzsaw on speedmetal :shock:
I am allowed to build shit that I see as fun, not everyone plays to win all the time. I still love building hoards of domis and whatever AA is the level 1 veh aa.

But that was oh... AA speed metal days so probably like 5-6 years ago before I even knew AA had all the bullshit armor classes. Whatevers. I still want to write my own in-game guide and port it to ba so I can make sense of the cleaned up armor classes >:D
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

It may not be worth much, but DSD is also the reason I quit playing, and is the reason I'm not coming back. I miss Spring/BA but I am am so sick and tired of DSD that there's nothing worth coming back to. It sucks because there's no other good RTS to play.

Guess I'll just wait for PA to come out.
smoth

Post by smoth »

host a non-dsd match.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Hobo Joe wrote:It may not be worth much, but DSD is also the reason I quit playing, and is the reason I'm not coming back.
See guys? DSD isn't all bad.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”