Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

scrotum

Post by scrotum »

I swear this has gotten worse. Of the ten times I've logged in over the past couple weeks, at least 7 of those times DSD is the only map being played

I don't play it anymore, having played every conceivable strategy on that map already when I started playing it 6 yrs ago maybe its time to stop playing spring if people can't handle a bit of diversity.

sunday morning, the best time to expect some diversity, there is 1 server with 27 specs and 15 players playing DSD.

whats worse is clans like LOET who have more experience and could be pushing the community to become better players are only conducive to this retarded trend. Rant over.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Why hasn't DSD been banned?

Post by CarRepairer »

We issued DSD a mute for spamming racist remarks, but we think he might be playing under a different IP. If you see him causing any more problems, let us know and we'll take further action.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Lately BADSD has seen smurfing as ZKDSDdeluxe. :?
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

the guy is probably donating coms like me in DSD in order to expedite the game lol
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

Please banish the chessboard on this planet, I cannot stand the sight-the people playing it all over and over again :mrgreen:
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

there are what, 100 maps, and most players suck on 99% of them.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

So, what sets apart BA from ZK/XTA/NOTA/S44/Evo/etc. that players cannot/do not find new maps to play on their own?
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

you will find out once you remove the map from the autohosts.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

There is no intention of removing legitimate maps which people enjoy playing.

Sorry that you're having trouble fitting in to it or that you've got bored of it - this is your own problem and trying to control others behaviour is not a solution.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

Not a solution that you could implement, in any case, as a maintainer, nor would you really care since you probably don't play the game
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I play regularly (according to the stats, over 30 games this month xD). As I said, neither myself nor the autohost owners have any intention of removing legitimate maps that people enjoy playing.

Btw, for all of the last 3 weeks, dsd was certainly the most played map, but was always less that 40% of total minutes played per player, within BA.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Silentwings wrote:I play regularly (according to the stats, over 30 games this month xD). Neither myself nor the autohost owners have any intention of removing maps that people enjoy playing.

Btw, for all of the last 3 weeks, dsd was certainly the most played map, but was always less that 40% of total minutes played per player, within BA.
Interesting stats! So DSD isn't even a problem within BA. The way the loud minority complains on this forum it gives the impression that 99.99% of BA is DSD. Funny!
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Interesting stats! So DSD isn't even a problem within BA.
Well it depends how you look at it - if you are happy playing smaller games then its not hard to avoid dsd. If you insist on palying 8v8 and want to avoid dsd then it comes and goes, I think that could be hard.

For as long as large numbers of people enjoy playing it, I expect that I won't regard it as a problem.
The way the loud minority complains on this forum..
Well, such is life...
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

i agree with DSD is bad.
as mentioned by silentwings, it might be 40% "only" of game minutes, but multiplied with players per game, it will easily get to 80% or so, and the remaining 20% will be 80% filled by two other maps.

as a spec (yeah, yeah, who cares about them, they contribute nothing!), 1v1 is unfeasible, because it is mostly boring, except there are two really good players (on a small map).

now.. all of this by itsself does not imply, that anything should be changes, as was already mentioned.
but to be realistic... lets face it, DSD lovers are zombies, happy inhabitants of the matrix, all of them. if you take away their DSD, and force them to use other maps, they will play them, cause playing different maps is still better then not playing at all, cause not playing at all is a bigger change, and change is uncomfortable.
in the other hand, the people that like diversity, will be delighted, and play (and spec ;-) ) more!
thus... doing something against DSD & co. is actually beneficial.

... maybe... such a change could even have the power to cause a few zombies to step into the light, and generate lust for the red pill. what greater gift could spring ever give to the world?!
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

btw, i am not saying, it should be banned, but i am saying, it is a problem.

... giving out a batch if you won games on 69 different maps could work..
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

DSD being a problem has been discussed many times in the lobby and on the forums. Don't want to repeat that. What is worth mentioning, however, is that a lot of people quit playing because of it. Try finding those in the 'played minutes per map per player - stats'.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

hoijoi wrote:but multiplied with players per game,
The statistic I gave is already 'multiplied' by players in game, since it is "total minutes played per player". I actually don't have the statistic for % of game time, ignoring number of players.
hoijoi wrote:the remaining 20% will be 80% filled by two other maps.
No - the remaining % is split pretty evenly between a large number of maps.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

ok.. that really does not fit to what i see, though.
maybe my online time just magically coincides with the one of all the zombies...
:O :shock:
am i still inside the matrix??
... ouh sorry, boss is callin'... ((_/\_)) yeah, it will be ready on friday, i swear bas!
smoth

Post by smoth »

scrotum wrote:Not a solution that you could implement, in any case, as a maintainer,
then bitch at the people running the autohost..
scrotum wrote: nor would you really care since you probably don't play the game
cheapshot. Go fuck yourself
Silentwings wrote:I play regularly (according to the stats, over 30 games this month xD). As I said, neither myself nor the autohost owners have any intention of removing legitimate maps that people enjoy playing.
hear, hear.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

scrotum wrote: whats worse is clans like LOET who have more experience and could be pushing the community to become better players are only conducive to this retarded trend. Rant over.
Most good clans disbanded because players would rage that teams were stacked whenever they joined. Clans like LOET don't have this problem because they suck so badly nobody minds them - if they do, they ban (for reference see forums threads regarding their admin abuse).

I designed my maps for BA, but they are never played there. Hosts don't have them anymore. I was surprised to find that they are played in ZK. Always nice to see your work find some use.

There was a time when units didn't get stuck like retards, and the engine didn't break on every fuckup release. Back then, people here were still douchebags but at least they still had a twinkle in their eye. Not outright hostility like now.

Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time, you already found the truth of it. Find another game to play. I recommend Starcraft 2.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”