Specific unit reclaimer

Specific unit reclaimer

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Kixu

Specific unit reclaimer

Post by Kixu »

maybe think about removing "specific unit reclaimer". It has a nice niche value, but I find it causes a lot more problems then it solves as when you drag area reclaim quite often units start getting nommed by accident. (I may have just lost my commander in a ffa game to this :regret:)

Edit: Split from a post in http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30321. (btw, I'm glad we finally found a way to kill you in ffa :p)
klapmongool

Re: Does anyone use the IdleBuildersNEW widget?

Post by klapmongool »

Kixu wrote:I use it. ;-; A bit fugly but sure helps late game.

Edit: Also maybe think about removing "specific unit reclaimer". It has a nice niche value, but I find it causes a lot more problems then it solves as when you drag area reclaim quite often units start getting nommed by accident. (I may have just lost my commander in a ffa game to this :regret:)
True story ^^

And yes, the widget does more harm than good.
Silentwings

Re: Specific unit reclaimer

Post by Silentwings »

I agree, its too easy to give a command that wasn't meant. But I won't remove the functionality - I use it and I suspect I'm not the only one.

One possible solution: could make it so as alt has to be pressed as well as starting to draw the reclaim command on the specific unit?
albator

Post by albator »

I think that should just be disable by default, I see player being confused all the time why they don't get metal even they gave a reclaim order, or cons following tank instead of reclaiming and dying at front, and you have no idea what widget is causing this behavior to disable it. I am so glad now I finally disable it... so much game fucked cause of that, tx kix
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

+1 for keeping, but disabling per default || alt-key
(widget is very useful for me, but in a hectic situation gets in the way)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”