about map mutator

about map mutator

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Senna

about map mutator

Post by Senna »

It seems clear [Fx]Bluestone thinks adding mods in maps its killing with BA...

ive made many versions of the called map DSD, and yes some people disliked it and some liked, its also clear what i put on springfiles the idea is not to damage mod BA or anything.

I just want the things clear, [Fx]Bluestone is now a BA dev and now he thinks he is the General of it..

[LOeT]Paste, [ACE]FabriceFabs, [x]vbs, [BoS]Nixtux and more ppl are my friends, they always helped me hosting my maps etc and doing new mods etc.

Yesterday Bluestone, u said i was warned many times about it.
Paste uploaded the map cuz i asked and he did it so thanks, he did upload the map to play it, so with that u are not warning only me, you warning Paste too and all the autohost owners who have my map mods, whe they exist since 4-5 years.

Big Sorry to coment things like that in forums, when its create so mutch policy, but yesterday Bluestone made me really angry with his "general" afirmations
Silentwings

Re: about map mutator

Post by Silentwings »

I might add that what Senna has said above are 'my views' do not reflect my views at all. I pointed out that the names of his mutators are dishonest in as much as they don't agree with what BA asks (http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23943).

I'm far from being the first person to say this; I made it clear to him that this is what I meant by 'warned many times'.

I've never asked to have his mutators removed from anywhere, or complained about them in any way other than their naming. I've never accused him of damaging BA either, nor ever accused any autohost owners of it. I have absolutely no problem with people writing mutators for BA, or using BA as a basis for their own mod, as long as they name it honestly.

For the uninitiated, to make it clear, what Senna makes are not 'versions of DSD' but precise copies of DSD, with no changes to map, but changes to mod built in, with names such as (selected from Spring Files):
"Delta Siege Dry Revolution v2.3"
"DryDeltaSiege Special"
"Delta Siege X"
"Delta Siege S"
"Delta Siege Morph"
Also, in the past he has made some entirely unofficial mutators of BA such as:
"Rebalanced Annihilation"
"BA Speedmetal Version"
I think its pretty clear that all of these go against the naming conventions asked for. These are:

[quote]Acceptable
- Whatever mod name you like that isn't "Balanced Annihilation".
- Something (BA7.18)
- BA Something (BA7.18)
Not Acceptable
- Changing the version tag on "Balanced Annihilation" eg "Balanced Annihilation TFC7.19"
- Adding anything else to "Balanced Annihilation" eg "Balanced Annihilation Improved Edition".
- Any smartass work around eg "BA 7.19 (BA7.18)" or "Balanced Anihilation" etc.[/quote]

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the title of this topic should be 'mod mutator' since afaik Senna has never made a change to a map.
Last edited by Silentwings on 11 Mar 2013, 12:57, edited 8 times in total.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:I might add that what Senna has said above are 'my views' do not reflect my views at all. I pointed out that the names of his mutators are dishonest in as numch as they don't agree with what BA asks (http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23943).

I'm far from being the first person to say this; I made it clear to him that this is what I meant by 'warned many times'.

I've never asked to have his mutators removed from anywhere, or complained about them in any way other than their naming. I've never accused him of damaging BA either, nor ever accused any autohost owners of it.
Not Acceptable
- Changing the version tag on "Balanced Annihilation" eg "Balanced Annihilation TFC7.19"
- Adding anything else to "Balanced Annihilation" eg "Balanced Annihilation Improved Edition".
- Any smartass work around eg "BA 7.19 (BA7.18)" or "Balanced Anihilation" etc.

where the map mod are aplied there?
he talks about mod names not mod inside maps.
ive been doing that since years, and it never dishonest it.
In other thing, sometimes my mapmods call some people from zero k.. and other mods... to play BA mod because before playing the map they need to dl the mod.

Plus sometimes i help BA being played more and u come with this.. i dont know what d u pretend too.

U might not know it takes a lot of time wasting for playing them and also work, and most its time waiting.

Well this is why sometimes i think wasting the time to do the job its a waste of time. People try to make stuff for other people at least to have some fun and guy like that is total against when he really did nothing for BA
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am NOT trying to bust your dick senna but how is what he did any better than what you were doing?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

...did nothing for BA
See commit log: http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balatest/timeline.

I think I've made my views completely clear.
Senna

Post by Senna »

smoth wrote:I am NOT trying to bust your dick senna but how is what he did any better than what you were doing?
i talk about [Fx]Bluestone
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:
...did nothing for BA
See commit log: http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balatest/timeline.

I think I've made my views completely clear.
cool, how many people did it called to play more BA?
Senna

Post by Senna »

Silentwings wrote:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the title of this topic should be 'mod mutator' since afaik Senna has never made a change to a map.

For you changing height of map, inversing it, make it night, adding new geos, changing metal, changing winds, etc... its not changes to map lol....
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

... correct me if I'm wrong
[LOeT]Brenner

Post by [LOeT]Brenner »

If it is against the naming rules (the name "DeltaSiegeDry S" is a bit confusing), then just rename the map from "DeltaSiegeDry S" to "DSD S".

Problem solved.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”