Zinn - what a fucktard LOeT admin

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Fuel

Post by Fuel »

I always wondered why from time to time I saw people complaining about admins on TERA and LOeT and stuff like that.

Now it just happened to me and I understand :D

For no reason at all, just because I resigned because all people were idiotically teching at min 10 in the game, in stupid DeltaSiegeDry, I got banned.
When I asked for explanation, Zinn said 'well, yeah you didn't self d, but just to CALM you down'
I am sorry I closed lobby I would have copy and pasted the conversation

WTF!? calm me down for what. I didnt do or said anything, just resigned because nobody in the back was not sending units.
and one guy in front did air LOL with no units at all. he did nothing

how the fuck did this individual get admin rights?

anyway. beside all the stupid racist comments and behavior, this pretty adds it up

i am already playing much less than before but this really even more helpful when thinking how to relax.
spring has become really shit

probably nobody cares right, and nothing is goin to change
I am just a bit pissed off now by the stupidity of this

user was warned for this post (and title)
Last edited by Fuel on 29 Oct 2012, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.
Fuel

Re: Zinn - what a fucktard LOeT admin

Post by Fuel »

by the way, as I was asking him about this, RageQuit, the user which likes to constantly talk and start conversations about 'niggers' 'white people supremacy' and shit things like that, jumped in the conversation as a perfect moment to insult me

I really can't understand how hasn't he lost his account already just for the racist activity and instigation in Spring.

at one moment in the past, I was really thinking about going to search for an organization which deals with this kind of things on internet and post a complain about this.
i know there are low chances something is going to change, but it is worth trying

it's such a shame for the effort put by the original developers who work on Spring
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Maybe we could set up some kind of sub-forum for auto-hosts discussion.

It's generally been the policy of the moderators to moderate only the public areas of the server, private hosts are "out of their jurisdiction" and it's up to the hosts to listen to (or ignore) the feedback of their users and for users to choose to avoid playing on "bad" hosts or with "bad" players.

Admittedly, it might be a good idea to set up some kind of central place for people to discuss global policy and such but really, if people want to be dicks in private I don't want to be the one who tells them they aren't allowed to.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

it's just sad.
instead of encouraging people to play Spring, this is a bummer
gajop

Post by gajop »

"Take it with the autohost providers".
Really, if someone wants to ban you from playing on their host, it's within their right (for whatever the reason). The only time I feel spring lobby server admins/moderators should step in, is when there is bad* behavior happening in the lobby, or on the spring network.

@SinbadEV:
I feel you're right. I don't even play the games much these days, and when I do it's ZK, but one can still notice a high amount of people complaining about BA authosts' admins.

bad*: There's probably a code of conduct somewhere when creating an account, but I assume punishable conduct are some type of insults and threats.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

gajop wrote:"Take it with the autohost providers".
Really, if someone wants to ban you from playing on their host, it's within their right (for whatever the reason). The only time I feel spring lobby server admins/moderators should step in, is when there is bad* behavior happening in the lobby, or on the spring network.

@SinbadEV:
I feel you're right. I don't even play the games much these days, and when I do it's ZK, but one can still notice a high amount of people complaining about BA authosts' admins.

bad*: There's probably a code of conduct somewhere when creating an account, but I assume punishable conduct are some type of insults and threats.
too bad there are so few players in Spring
the crappy admins make it worse
MiNiMi

Post by MiNiMi »

just start playing on other host dude ...that will fix your and their problems ;)
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

In all honesty, looking at your starting post you don't seem to be very calm. :P

I don't mean that as an insult towards you, but really, instead of ranting you could focus to the simple and working approach which is just changing host. TERA hosts aren't the only ones in existence.
Fuel wrote: how the fuck did this individual get admin rights?
By the bot owner giving them to him.
Fuel wrote:i am already playing much less than before but this really even more helpful when thinking how to relax.
spring has become really shit

probably nobody cares right, and nothing is goin to change
I am just a bit pissed off now by the stupidity of this
For first paragraph - I don't think it's fair to generalize that Spring has become shit when there are shitty autohosts for one of it's games, namely Balanced Annihilation. Actually, I could imagine that it could sound quite offensive to the Spring developers to have their creation called shit due to the actions of people completely unrelated to them or their work.

For second - No, there are people who care. If I thought no one cares to have good, fun games I wouldn't bother to even play.

Simple as it is, change host to some you like. You may have to idle a bit before people start showing up, but eventually the host fills up.
GuyNoir

Post by GuyNoir »

Just passing like, but I'm going to have to side with the other posters. Aside from the unsubstantiated 'racism' slur you made against the admin(s), certain DSD servers can lead to people taking time to set their economy/defences/etc. These servers are however open - anyone can join - and some people do take a certain amount to build their economy, to the grief from certain spectators about their builds. (Those critics should be playing the game rather than criticising - but that's online gaming for you).

Normal people just accept this and move on. Some might actually observe how the game plays out and learn from the experience/in-experience of others. It's only a game don't you know.

(Ps when ever people say SC2 on these forums I read Supreme Commander 2 - which is totally pants - and not Star Craft 2 - which is totally totally stained pants with added cheese noobules, (I never thought the original was any good when compared with TA anyways).
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

GuyNoir wrote:(Ps when ever people say SC2 on these forums I read Supreme Commander 2 - which is totally pants - and not Star Craft 2 - which is totally totally stained pants with added cheese noobules, (I never thought the original was any good when compared with TA anyways).
:shock:

You people. You people and your SC2. Sigh.

Everyone knows SC2 is Star Control 2.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

If the game comes to the point where you don't have many options left, then I can't see a reason for not resigning. If you got banned simply because of that, then yes, it is stupid as hell.

I think gajop said something about people having the rights to do whatever they want to with their own hosts. If the community was bigger that wouldn't be much of a problem. However, let's say you get banned during daytime and the only game available is on TERA, then what do you do? There might not be an option to "join another host".

See, banning for no reason in a small community like this is a very bad procedure. You can say all the stuff about "their rights to do" you want, but it just doesn't apply here, it only breaks the community.
Floris

Post by Floris »

guy started bitching because he was banned FOR AN HOUR!

...so dont take this out of proportion.

(I'm not even going into the discussion on if it was legit or not... a hour is nothing much)

My personal opinion is that some adminning on the TERA server is quitte poor at times, but not too bad overall.
albator

Post by albator »

If I was Zinn, I would have banned him a week more just to learn him using bad word on forum leads nowhere
knorke

Post by knorke »

closed by request.
his ban should be long over now, so there is nothing constructive left to discuss anyway. no use to continue bashing him or ah admins..

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”