balance

balance

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Broker

balance

Post by Broker »

hello
I think that the balance of the game is broken. core does not have equal units. arm has the average robot of the first level in the laboratory. they have a sniper, a fat man, Zeus in the laboratory of the second level. Sniper immediately strikes the target at great distances. core has nothing to oppose it. fat man shoots over the barriers. transportation lab is not very good. arm has missile tank first level. light tank of the second level that accurately shoot at goal. These units have the advantage because of its properties. I think it needs to be balanced.
Rumpelstiltskin

Re: balance

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

you brought a smile to my lips.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Core vehicles (transportation lab?) also have the slasher.
Also, core has the Goliath which matches the Fatboy (fat man).
Core has the dominator, and the morty, great ranged stuff against snipers.
The best counter to snipers is to jam your army.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

:D

yeah thanks for that
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Beherith wrote:Core vehicles (transportation lab?) also have the slasher.
he meant janus imo
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

But core has cheaper solars. It balances out.
Broker

Post by Broker »

Beherith wrote:Core vehicles (transportation lab?) also have the slasher.
Also, core has the Goliath which matches the Fatboy (fat man).
Core has the dominator, and the morty, great ranged stuff against snipers.
The best counter to snipers is to jam your army.
riot tank not shoot accurately. weak armor does not compensates this flaw.
Core has the dominator, and the Mort, they can not shoot at a moving target.
Goliath is very very slow. shoots at a very short distance. attacks only one target at a time. I see that it is very rarely used.
massive

Post by massive »

Broker wrote: riot tank not shoot accurately. weak armor does not compensates this flaw.
But they have less reload time. And vs spam small units its best unit.
Broker wrote:Core has the dominator, and the Mort, they can not shoot at a moving target.
Dominator cant shot moving target, that is right. But distance and damage that they make is best vs stationar defence. And Morty kill very well moving targets. Also, thay all cost less than snipers, and dont need energy to shot.
Broker wrote:Goliath is very very slow. shoots at a very short distance. attacks only one target at a time.
I see that it is very rarely used.
Goliath is almoust same unit, that Fatboy. Range 650 vs 700. Reload time 3 vs 6,75. Damage 900 vs 800. HP is 7000. So in some cases goly is beter, than fatboy. And they rarely used becose to produce fatboy you need t2 arm kbot lab or consul. And usualy when teching, people make kbot, becose they cost less. And to make goly, you need to make only t2 core ven lab.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Mmmh i have to agree with Broken on some points. As a proof in most ffa games there are like 2 core players maximum out of 10 or 12 players. Most of them go arm because they are much faster to make early army and expand.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Griffith wrote:Mmmh i have to agree with Broken on some points. As a proof in most ffa games there are like 2 core players maximum out of 10 or 12 players. Most of them go arm because they are much faster to make early army and expand.
I usually go ARM on good wind maps, like most ffa maps are.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

guize lets not take the newb too srs

ffa maps usually have speedboosted typemaps -> arm panther and zipper OP when at 150-200% speed

end of story

core is hilariously op better in most teamgame setups and all is well in 1v1 land

though levelers got weirdly nerfed with new engine, strangely enough i can't reproduce it anytime behe is watching
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

It's sometimes called "Asymmetrical Balance"... different units and groups of units and maybe even sides are better in different circumstances or when players are using or defending against different strategies...

If you find yourself losing because you are playing one side then maybe you should switch to the other side... if you have a strategy that always wins... play that strategy and always win... eventually your opponents will adapt to this strategy and find a counter strategy and you will start losing again... it's how good balance is supposed to work.
albator

Post by albator »

Only part which is serously unba is t3 imo.
Bantha is from far the best one, 2 bantha kill a krog, one bantha survive 100% hp, they cost less that one krog, they also kill anykind of ground unit, have huge range and kite anything (exept vangard/catapult), can kill huge amount of unit with selfD, can kill eco since they are really fast, and have huge hp.

All this was counter balance by the fact they could be easily emp: it is not the case anymore sicne that wierd change where they are emp imunned

EDIT: one huge map, arm is better anyway, cause of razorback/bantha/panther (too E-cheap, and fastest ground AA of the game alowing you to kill fighter screen easily)

one small one, core are a bit better for game >=T2
Broker

Post by Broker »

Griffith wrote:Mmmh i have to agree with Broken on some points. As a proof in most ffa games there are like 2 core players maximum out of 10 or 12 players. Most of them go arm because they are much faster to make early army and expand.
I suggest making the following changes. they do not require a lot of work and time. Maverick move to the core in T1. do a little weaker. sniper removed from the game. the game has no hidden operations behind enemy. Fido change as Morty or Dominator. or Morty move the hand and make like a dominator. Sumo done faster. he together with the fatboy serves as a mobile defense. kbot and Vehicle should be approximately equal. The player can choose what they like. Lightning tank "Panther" removed. the core has no analogue that can fight him as an equal.

I think the game will be interesting for both sides.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Yeah yeah troll thread whatever, but one thing. Golly is better than a fatboy by far, in almost everything except cliff climbing. It does almost triple the amount of damage, nuff said.
Broker

Post by Broker »

Johannes wrote:Yeah yeah troll thread whatever, but one thing. Golly is better than a fatboy by far, in almost everything except cliff climbing. It does almost triple the amount of damage, nuff said.
I was wrong. I mixed up the sumo and Goliath. sorry
Tanks must be compared with the tanks not with kbot. Sumo vs. fatboy.

players usually build kbot or Vehicle . not enough of metal on both factories.

kbot and Vehicle have very different properties. I think balance them directly is very difficult. kbot vs. Vehicle . this version difficult. I think can be divided into kbot for the mountains. Vehicle for the plains.

or. kbot is cheap units. Vehicle is expensive units.
albator

Post by albator »

Johannes wrote:Yeah yeah troll thread whatever, but one thing. Golly is better than a fatboy by far, in almost everything except cliff climbing. It does almost triple the amount of damage, nuff said.
Also fatboy is spamable from engineer so u can spam much more of them early, and close to front
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Broker wrote:
I suggest making the following changes. they do not require a lot of work and time. Maverick move to the core in T1. do a little weaker. sniper removed from the game. the game has no hidden operations behind enemy. Fido change as Morty or Dominator. or Morty move the hand and make like a dominator. Sumo done faster. he together with the fatboy serves as a mobile defense. kbot and Vehicle should be approximately equal. The player can choose what they like. Lightning tank "Panther" removed. the core has no analogue that can fight him as an equal.

10/10 would balance again
I nominate as mod and BA dev
clrly he is in the possession of knowledge
Broker

Post by Broker »

[/quote]
10/10 would balance again
I nominate as mod and BA dev
clrly he is in the possession of knowledge[/quote]

Yes, probably you will have to change more than once. but perhaps the ratio of 2 to 10 core/arm is change.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Broker wrote:

Still better than current balance.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”