Suggest to decrease metal maker efficiency

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Senna

Post by Senna »

metal makers makes 1 metal per 60 energy

Moho Metal makers makes 12 metal per 600 energy.

I suggest a gadget to reduce the metal maker efficiency for each new metal maker is done

esample: after 2 moho metalmakers done the next 2 ones efficiency is worse.

first 2 12 metal 600 e
next 2 11 metal 600 e
next 2 10 metal 600 e
next 2 8 metal ¨ ¨
till 6 metal min

this maybe good to reduce the ecowhore games.

The other idea is reduce the metalmaker efficiency if a player does nearly no damage during long time like 10 mins.

If a player does more than x damage during 10 min his metalmakers efficiency aint reduced, if a player does less than x damage or no damage his metalmakers efficiency will be reduced.

Also after the metalmaker efficiency is reduced or affected even if the player doesnt do the necesary damage, his metalmakers will not have the same efficiency as before.

Damage done by fighters should not count, the damage done by bombers or any other air, yes

Damage done by scouts should not count, for any other units, yes
(this is to prevent scout spam only)

This will force players stop ecoing and start play.

im a techer i can say that, i love tech. with the last rule. im teching during 10 min oO my metal maker efficiency is reduced by 25%. next 10 min oO my metalmakers are reduced 25% more so 50% theyr efficiency. Oo my eco now is worse than a player that has 1 afus and has been playing at front fighting.

For me that sounds fair for front players and the ones who likes fighting even for back players if they keep fighting too.

Is the last idea fair or not fair? want an answer
Floris

Re: Suggest to decrease metal maker efficiency

Post by Floris »

This idea is ridiculous, we dont need more complicated eco/game. Just keep it straight forward.

Reduce the rate to 1m per 80e (and the same for t2).
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

simplicity better imo. there is no shortage of games without teching if you play with 5v5 or less.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

My solution to this problem in Red Annihilation was to require that makers be placed close to a mex. The further away from the mex, the less metal output. It solves the problem in a nice way imo.

4 makers --> 55 metal
8 makers --> 85 metal
16 makers --> 110 metal
32 makers -->145 metal

You can get maximum ~220 metal from a single mex, but it will be very costly to build, and a fun target to attack.

Attachments
purifier.jpg
(336.9 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
albator

Post by albator »

albator

Post by albator »

Floris

Post by Floris »

You can still hack that system of lower eff with more metalmakers a little bit. Just give some eco to other players.

I really still prefer something straightforward like 20....25% less eff that the current effs. Simple yet striking.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Just play more open maps with more/bigger mexes, and there is no problem even if you want big teams.

As is MMs are barely used in most gametypes. If you don't want massive eco spam, just choose a setup which won't encourage that.
tzaeru

Post by tzaeru »

Yeah, some maps just really encourage ecoing it up by being so large, or hard to attack in, or having narrow fronts but long distances between bases and very few middle mexes. Oh, and high player count helps that, too. But in past week when I've mostly been playing 3v3 to 6v6 in open maps, there's only been slow-paced gameplay or heavy ecoing involved in every 5th match or so. As such, I don't see a problem. Honestly, if you don't like ecoing it up, don't play 8v8 DSD with players who don't know how to attack.

By the way, I'm pretty sure there used to be a mod option called "Diminishing metal makers", though I never saw it in use. How did that work?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”