BA 7.70 Released! - Page 2

BA 7.70 Released!

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

Re: BA 7.70 Released!

Post by Silentwings »

Alba - again, that's caused by the new attack targetting behaviour in 0.89.
albator

Post by albator »

Silentwings wrote:Alba - again, that's caused by the new attack targetting behaviour in 0.89.
Cool... So that will not be, or cannot be change from mod point of view ? Or you guys just wait that will be add like an option in the engine or something like that ?
As far as I understand that is not a bug right ? so that is meant to stay that way ?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

iirc it is fixed in engine already
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It wasn't a bug, the attack lock was a feature introduced in 0.89. But I think it was agreed that the attack lock ought to unlock if the attacked unit goes out of range, so that will be the case in 0.90.

Afaik, no, it won't be temporarily 'fixed' modside.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

So is there still gonna be some sort of attack lock thing that can't be turned off? :/
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

A problem I've had with lock-on is how you have to be very careful not to click on moving units when dgunning, or you will end up shooting behind them. This is harder and more important than it sounds in a life or death situations - for example when you get swamped by microed peewees and flashes.

In the past I always used dgun with repeat on, useful for area denial and easily cancelled with a move order. With the new change you can only use "stop," and this seems to make the commander behave strangely.
albator

Post by albator »

rocko dont move from a milimeter when they are shot by goliath. Looks like all units have 100 times their mass from before or what ?
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

albator wrote:rocko dont move from a milimeter when they are shot by goliath. Looks like all units have 100 times their mass from before or what ?
this, but aks seem to fly across half the map from leveler, so there seems to be some differenciation, only it is very heavy handed now.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

BaNa wrote:
albator wrote:rocko dont move from a milimeter when they are shot by goliath. Looks like all units have 100 times their mass from before or what ?
this, but aks seem to fly across half the map from leveler, so there seems to be some differenciation, only it is very heavy handed now.
Saw a couple of stumpies fly away from a comm blast the other day as well. Of course they survived and spend the rest of the game in sea.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

The new attack lock is bad because I don't see how it offers anything new you can do now, that you couldn't in the past. Shooting ground while moving was doable, IIRC it was simply make attack command -> then shift-move and it'll keep shooting that spot if in range.
And for units to get exclusivity in targeting, turn to hold fire naturally.
These are also things you want to happen in minority, not majority of time.

But now you cannot ever use attack commands without big restrictions... Even if it's fixed to turn passive if target goes out of range, it's still worse than what we had. Stuff like it should be widget territory, no? Whereas default behaviour aim for flexibility first and foremost, at least retaining the possibilities there used to be.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

+1

I totally hate it when a group of flashes totally stop firing at anything else than the attacked com. I really dont understand the benefit either.

I live in constant fear now that some of my units do not fire at all cause I intentionally or unintentionally attacked an enemy unit manually before.
Wingflier

Post by Wingflier »

What happened to Xray Shader? I miss that :(
albator

Post by albator »

Some bugs that make the game not nice :

com keep Dguning all the time once u start
cons getting stuck in the ground all the time on Dword
xman15user

Post by xman15user »

Hey, I just wanted to know if all TA-original content had been purged yet. If I skipped that in your description of changes, sorry!! Anyway, I was just wanting to know bc I know that there was a lot going on about purging BA of all copyrighted content, etc.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

xman15user wrote:Hey, I just wanted to know if all TA-original content had been purged yet. If I skipped that in your description of changes, sorry!! Anyway, I was just wanting to know bc I know that there was a lot going on about purging BA of all copyrighted content, etc.

Not yet. They are working on a release where almost all should be replaced (and improved) though.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You can check out the progress of BAR (which is largely about removing OTA content from BA) using rapid-gui.exe - download the latest version and have a look.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

hm.. I did not see mass transport of nanos))) and I like this change! It gives new interesting moments for BA. More clever moves, more tricks, more fun!
albator

Post by albator »

jamerlan wrote:hm.. I did not see mass transport of nanos))) and I like this change! It gives new interesting moments for BA. More clever moves, more tricks, more fun!
That is cause pathing is so fucked up, only eco whore win the game with 0.89

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”