BA relevant info about Spring 89 - Page 2

BA relevant info about Spring 89

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

ginekolog

Re: BA relevant info about Spring 89

Post by ginekolog »

I found bug in many games now:

I use only fighter patrol widget (few years, never troubles).

Now sometimes air unit, that should not patrol (bobmer, bladwings) ,gets stuck in factory and it stops producing.

Anyone else noticed this? I have not tested it without this widget though.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

ginekolog wrote: Now sometimes air unit, that should not patrol (bobmer, bladwings) ,gets stuck in factory and it stops producing.
true
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Forboding Angel wrote:beherith, why not just use that little widget that i use in evo to show actual ranges (Or is that not the problem?)?
89.0 shows build ranges around mobile constructors. Also that stopping at half range feature sounds useful for some cases. Maybe it could be a tag which controls how close a builder will move before starting a structure.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

danil_kalina wrote:
ginekolog wrote: Now sometimes air unit, that should not patrol (bobmer, bladwings) ,gets stuck in factory and it stops producing.
true
I'v seen it with other units as well. When given a move command they do move out though.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

ginekolog wrote:I found bug in many games now:

I use only fighter patrol widget (few years, never troubles).

Now sometimes air unit, that should not patrol (bobmer, bladwings) ,gets stuck in factory and it stops producing.

Anyone else noticed this? I have not tested it without this widget though.
It seems that its "only fig patrol" widget that is making stop command and unit stucks in factory instead of going out. Spring bug?

Its quite a mess to play without this widget :roll:

Ty in advance for fix.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Google_Frog wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:beherith, why not just use that little widget that i use in evo to show actual ranges (Or is that not the problem?)?
89.0 shows build ranges around mobile constructors. Also that stopping at half range feature sounds useful for some cases. Maybe it could be a tag which controls how close a builder will move before starting a structure.
In 99% of all cases, this will cause your max buildrange to be reduced by that amount. It is not a good thing and to contol its behavior more tightly, you would have to account for every single probable instance.

It just isn't a good method.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

I think that this is not BA bug but.. I have troubles with constructors every time I play on water. I build many constructors to guard factory and they pushed to factory and factory don't produce because of pushed constructor ships into it.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

jamerlan wrote:
I think that this is not BA bug but.. I have troubles with constructors every time I play on water. I build many constructors to guard factory and they pushed to factory and factory don't produce because of pushed constructor ships into it.
+1
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

BaNa wrote:
jamerlan wrote:
+1
+1

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”