BA 7.68 - fix commander/con movement - Page 2

BA 7.68 - fix commander/con movement

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Johannes

Re: BA 7.68 - fix commander/con movement

Post by Johannes »

klapmongool wrote:
Johannes wrote:You're pressing shift with your thumb then I guess? Better do it with pinky.
No, Pinky is on ctrl and ringfinger is on shift. I don't see a configuration of my hand in which my thumb would press either those.
Hmm ok, guess you just have too small hands then. :P
smoth

Post by smoth »

small hands don't seem to slow koreans down in starcraft
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Johannes wrote:
klapmongool wrote:
Johannes wrote:You're pressing shift with your thumb then I guess? Better do it with pinky.
No, Pinky is on ctrl and ringfinger is on shift. I don't see a configuration of my hand in which my thumb would press either those.
Hmm ok, guess you just have too small hands then. :P
Hmm, not really. Pretty big hands actually. Guess your fingers are way more flexible (spread out better?) if you can press left ctrl with pinky, left shift with ring finger and b/n with index finger without it being a hassle. Or our keyboards differ in size :)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Well, apparently its not size that's important but how you use it :roll:
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

:)

So how do you place your hand?
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Why would you need to press shift+ctrl+B all at the same time? Shift+B (pinky+index) while adjusting the build distance, then when that's set move to shift+ctrl if you need to make a rectangle.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Johannes wrote:Why would you need to press shift+ctrl+B all at the same time? Shift+B (pinky+index) while adjusting the build distance, then when that's set move to shift+ctrl if you need to make a rectangle.
For lines of buildings or queues?
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

none of that needs you to hold down ctrl
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Johannes wrote:none of that needs you to hold down ctrl
ctrl for spacing, shift for queuing? And space to spread the buildorder over all builders selected. Three keys at the same time. I guess you could do all those separate tasks after each other? Not sure, would have to check ingame. Anyway, that is the way I do it now, don't see it being faster when performing these tasks after each other while having to reach over to the b/n.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

klapmongool wrote: ctrl for spacing,
What do you mean? When deciding on the spacing you hold shift+b/n. Ctrl is only needed here if you want a rectangle of buildings queued, and can be pressed after you've decided on the spacing.
And space to spread the buildorder over all builders selected.
what is this?
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Johannes wrote:
what is this?
Buildsplit widget. Go grab 5 cons and tell them to build a line of 20 DT while holding space.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Johannes wrote:
klapmongool wrote: ctrl for spacing,
What do you mean? When deciding on the spacing you hold shift+b/n. Ctrl is only needed here if you want a rectangle of buildings queued, and can be pressed after you've decided on the spacing.
You are right. I went ingame to check what I actually do with the ctrl :P Turns out I always keep my pinky on the ctrl because the ctrl-key combinations are vital to the way I play BA :P
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Niobium wrote:
Johannes wrote:
what is this?
Buildsplit widget. Go grab 5 cons and tell them to build a line of 20 DT while holding space.
wait i can do that now?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

Not sure if this is an engine or BA issue, but bombers do not auto-target dragon's claw and dragon's maw when they patrol or attack in an area. They do respond to manual bombing commands though.
When the turrets pop up, they also start bombing it.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

bartvbl wrote:Not sure if this is an engine or BA issue, but bombers do not auto-target dragon's claw and dragon's maw when they patrol or attack in an area. They do respond to manual bombing commands though.
When the turrets pop up, they also start bombing it.
BA has a gadget which sets dragon claws to neutral (non-hostile to all teams) when they are closed, regardless of whether they have been spotted. It's an interesting idea but when you have widgets like team platter that can identify the enemy units, but your units seemingly can't, it ends up looking like a bug.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

from infolog.txt:

Code: Select all

[f=0000000] Warning: cortide: yardmap/blockmap contains too many chars!
see http://buildbot.springrts.com/builders/ ... logs/stdio for example (or a more recent validation test)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Thanks abma, fixed it.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

Niobium wrote: BA has a gadget which sets dragon claws to neutral (non-hostile to all teams) when they are closed, regardless of whether they have been spotted. It's an interesting idea but when you have widgets like team platter that can identify the enemy units, but your units seemingly can't, it ends up looking like a bug.
I actually have team platter off due to the severe hit it gives to the FPS. But what's the reason for keeping them neutral? They can't cloak, so they are visible at all times, which would imply that any "stealth" effect only goes up to if the player looks at them. I don't really see any purpose for keeping them neutral there.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Re: BA 7.68 - widget old in repo

Post by dansan »

When deleting my widgets that are already contained in ba.sdz (tedious work...) I found this: The Ally Resource Bars widget in 7.68 and in SVN is older than the one I have (mine: July 2, 2010, repo: Feb 7, 2010) from widgets-db: http://widgets.springrts.de/index.php#102
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

found something weird:

torpedos shoot at pelicans, but it seems like torpedos never hit them...

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”