BA 7.66 Fixed area reclaim and cons getting stuck

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

7.65 -> 7.66
3/15/2012
- Fixed area reclaim
- Fixed cons getting stuck
- Fixed mexupgrader

Enjoy!

Thanks goes to pako for the basis of fixes! And VBS too

Also, if someone finds bugs, dont just whine in the battle room, report the bugs here - or if it is an engine bug, report it on mantis.

If you do not leave a paper trail, the bugs cant and wont be fixed.

Download
FabriceFABS

Re: BA 7.66 Fixed area reclaim and cons getting stuck

Post by FabriceFABS »

Thx ! :-)
[ACE]Serveurs updated !
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

- nano turrents seem to not be set on patrol after beeing built. (means they don't automaticly assist building/repair)

- in BACD i got this lua-error:

Code: Select all

Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, AllowCommand, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:487: attemp to index field '?' ( a nil value)
(this is a BA gadget)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Thanks abma, I'll look into the nano thing.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

2/3 of vanguard shots went right through a 100% shield on the game attached around min 28-30 at top center. IMO that's not OK - is it?
Attachments
20120320_150208_Kappa_Basin_87.sdf
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
[LOeT]Zinn

Bug when viewing last label/point (F3)

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

In BA7.66, when i press F3 to view the last label/point set it also takes my viewport to the last line drawn if there happened to be one after the label.

Repost from http://balancedannihilation.org/forums/ ... lpoint-f3/
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

abma wrote: - in BACD i got this lua-error:

Code: Select all

Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, AllowCommand, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:487: attemp to index field '?' ( a nil value)
I will look into that, thanks for the report. Does it happen every time or any special hints how to reproduce?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

very_bad_soldier wrote: I will look into that, thanks for the report. Does it happen every time or any special hints how to reproduce?
to reproduce: set "Upg Mex On" at a T2 builder. while its moving to a t1 mex to upgrade it, destroy it...
albator

Post by albator »

I think you should disable the factoryguard assist by default. It tooks me a while to find out the reason why I have no reclaimer front.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I agree. Otherwise good job, almost playable now despite the engine fail.
very_bad_soldier

I prefer it the way it is. Disabling a widget should be an easy task for a regular player who knows what a widget is and knows the F11 menu.
But a newbie has no chance to know that and will be annoyed by the idling builders.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Hmm, a way to detect newbieness for that widget would be to check for a factory rally point - if one exists, player is probably not a newbie, thus no need to send cons to assist lab.
albator

Post by albator »

I think noob need to master the basic concepts of the game before having all the widget think of them. Moreover this widget is just a waste of time cause you need to manually click several time on cons so they go front cause of pathing issue. And even then, when there is a lot of unit at the same place, cons does not go far enough from fact and start assisting again.
With nano, no need of the widget anyway
very_bad_soldier

Beherith wrote:Hmm, a way to detect newbieness for that widget would be to check for a factory rally point - if one exists, player is probably not a newbie, thus no need to send cons to assist lab.
I think the widget is fine when activated. Cons assist factory, other units go to the rally point.

The question if it should be enabled by default is surely debatable. But when it comes to default settings I would always target what is best for newbies.
Experienced players are supposed to customize everything themselfs anyway. They need to reconfigure their keybindings and they will want to go through the widget list and decide upon every single widget if they want it or not. So no need in trying to set appropriate defaults for them. Its impossible anyway since the configurations of the experienced players differs in terms of keybindings and activated widgets while it is reasonable to agree upon a sensible set of defaults for newbies.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

very_bad_soldier wrote: The question if it should be enabled by default is surely debatable. But when it comes to default settings I would always target what is best for newbies.
I completely agree. Experienced players can deactivate them easily but newbies cant do the same.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Beherith wrote:Hmm, a way to detect newbieness for that widget would be to check for a factory rally point - if one exists, player is probably not a newbie, thus no need to send cons to assist lab.
That's a pretty good idea. Since it's basically always better to have a rally point than not (even if it was right next to lab), it'll show a new player that the fac can actually be assisted.

But if you've got that rally point, the widget won't ever bother you.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Johannes wrote:That's a pretty good idea. Since it's basically always better to have a rally point than not (even if it was right next to lab), it'll show a new player that the fac can actually be assisted.
Yea, that is also my experience. Units tend to do silly things (scattering around the lab, walking up hills that happen to be next to the lab) on the default rally mode. Why is that? Can it be changed?
albator

Post by albator »

Johannes wrote:
That's a pretty good idea. Since it's basically always better to have a rally point than not (even if it was right next to lab), it'll show a new player that the fac can actually be assisted.

But if you've got that rally point, the widget won't ever bother you.
It actually did for me. That is the reason I am arguing
GuyNoir

Re: BA 7.66 Wall building...

Post by GuyNoir »

Mark out the stretch of wall you want and watch in awe as the T2 conbots randomly construct portions of it. In fact get them to just build one bit of wall and gaze in wonder as they build it, then reclaim it. :roll:
very_bad_soldier

Re: BA 7.66 Wall building...

GuyNoir wrote:Mark out the stretch of wall you want and watch in awe as the T2 conbots randomly construct portions of it. In fact get them to just build one bit of wall and gaze in wonder as they build it, then reclaim it. :roll:
I can confrim this. Happens for dragon teeth too. IIRC I saw this quite a while ago already. So I think its an engine issue but not a new one. Not sure though.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”