Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

- Using awesome TASclient -----------------€0.00
- Connecting to Springrts.com --------------€0.00
- Joining [x]TheHost --------------------------€0.00
- Playing Balanced Annihilation --------------€0.00
- Getting banned from shit-DSD-host
for advertising a good host and trying
to get more than 1 game going -------------Priceless

I cannot believe these players were in there btw: jizah, jazz, flash, kixu. Amongst others ofc. End the DSD nubness. Stop playing or spectating on that shithost. We discussed this problem time and time again. Player hogging is bad for spring.
Beherith

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by Beherith »

[x]TheHost is 6v6 all maps host. Does not compute.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

This is the part that might be unclear:

- Getting banned from shit-DSD-host
for advertising a good host and trying
to get more than 1 game going -------------Priceless

I went to the dsdshithost to advertise for thehost.
knorke

Post by knorke »

I went to the dsdshithost to advertise for thehost.
How dare you? I am sure the epic 8v8 match was just about to start!
If just one player was to leave to play 1v1 with you that means 15 others can not play! And all that because you (and whoever should play with you) were so egoistic!
- Playing Balanced Annihilation --------------€0.00
:arrow: thread moved.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

If host owners don't want you to do certain things you have to accept that.
klapmongool wrote:I went to the dsdshithost to advertise for thehost.
Advertise (occasionally) in #main.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

SirMaverick wrote:If host owners don't want you to do certain things you have to accept that.
klapmongool wrote:I went to the dsdshithost to advertise for thehost.
Advertise (occasionally) in #main.
Nah, I don't have to accept shit. Not that I can do a lot about it though. Banning is a bit harsh though, it was not like I was doing a !rehost.. But the loet guys are mostly idiots so yea, i guess i had it coming..
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Textures for maps that work client side would be nice. Would spice maps like DSD up a bit.
albator

Post by albator »

That is the reason why you have to suck those host admins up, even if u think there are complete jakass, like in real life....

That is sad to say but as long as trolls are attracting trolls there is just no other way to keep a game going on and you cannot do anything about that.

Wait for new raking system or command to switch all spec to new host to advertise again...
Senna

Post by Senna »

Well, some people dont acept host bash, and u should acept it, u dont pay to play there and dont forget some host owners pay x money month to have server data running. I usually when make a new mod or a new map mod i have people, cuz i found the way how to do it :mrgreen: ,and yes needs pacience, respect other player decision and time, if u go insulting, forget to fill other autohost
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Senna wrote:Well, some people dont acept host bash, and u should acept it, u dont pay to play there and dont forget some host owners pay x money month to have server data running.
So I should accept that I cannot 'host bash' because they pay for their server and I dont? Wrong. There is just no logic in that statement. I want them gone. I cannot have that, even if I paid for 10 servers each month.

@alba; yea, it sucks. I even saw an ACE admin threaten a player in non-ACE-host (to ban him in ACE). Corrupted by the (little) power he had. Poor boy.

User has been warned for posts in this thread. Felony 1,2
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

in this thread people who cannot accept that people wanna enjoy the simple things..

You know what would really be interesting to see.. if you can create artificall dsd situations on map, from gamestart.. do people join?
Floris

Post by Floris »

well, host don't like adverts for other hosts OK. but this alone mostly won't get you banned. I happened to be in the host at the time you got banned. I was amazed at first too. but it also is understandable not to allow it. It was the negative way you brought it. calling all people dsdfags without any phun. too bad.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah that could be a bit much. in the end, starting a thread like this probably didn't win you any redemption on the server.
albator

Post by albator »

klapmongool wrote: @alba; yea, it sucks. I even saw an ACE admin threaten a player in non-ACE-host (to ban him in ACE). Corrupted by the (little) power he had. Poor boy.
Yeah, some (not all) of the ACE poeple are sad.

They use twice their admin power to stop a game there are not even involved to just cause we did'nt rename in last tourney...

They also edit the challongue chart so they make their own team win against team that they made give up cause of the rules they made up... just in order to get more than ZERO win... :D sad
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Floris wrote:well, host don't like adverts for other hosts OK. but this alone mostly won't get you banned. I happened to be in the host at the time you got banned. I was amazed at first too. but it also is understandable not to allow it. It was the negative way you brought it. calling all people dsdfags without any phun. too bad.
Well, I said 'come to thehost and leave the DSDnubness people'. So not really calling anyone fag or anything personal.

@smoth; didn't need redemption. Don't need unban. Just raising awareness here.

The LOet autohost is negatively affecting the quality and quantity of games played. The mechanism has been explained multiple times so I won't go into that again. Fact is that nothing is done about this so the only thing we can do is get as many individuals as possible to ignore dsdhosts.
smoth

Post by smoth »

That isn't going to happen with a negative campaign. The only way you can replace the DSD host is if your host offers something better, actually better not just saying that they are bad because. The reason is you have to entice people on your server. Negativity probably won't do that.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

You know.. what .. a sudden change of plans occur. Next post with a comunity name, gets me to log in there, and starting advertising. Fuck the idling. Fuck the Waiting for a miracle game. Oh, badsd it hurts so much .. oh whine.. oh cry..

But i will advertise for games with games going on- a supportive comunity.. and who are not broken at the moment..

yep, zero-k it is ..
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

albator wrote:They also edit the challongue chart so they make their own team win against team that they made give up cause of the rules they made up... just in order to get more than ZERO win... :D sad
They made the tourney continue even if ppl were missing.
Sad is someone who didn't participate, but needs to pick on others in order to feel mighty. Fabrice & Zorro (and Pizdo) made the tourney continue and be fun, even though lots of registered players just didn't show up. Go pick on those if that is your way of having fun.
Senna

Post by Senna »

smoth wrote:That isn't going to happen with a negative campaign. The only way you can replace the DSD host is if your host offers something better, actually better not just saying that they are bad because. The reason is you have to entice people on your server. Negativity probably won't do that.
Im with this that smoth says, negativity afford makes other people hate, and when hate nobody plays because that guy is insulting, spamming or very negativity stuffs, Tech Anni is still being played and developed, and still many players plays it, when i did tech anni i just tryed to do my best, and give the best i could do to other people play, and tech anni became very popular, and now has devs, it just needs a bit of pacience and work.

When i started with pre tech anni [wide pass maps], i did the map and the mod alone, then with time and pacience the servers where filling up byte by byte and then came new devs and new designers and people where i could belive that they will support a good stuff, i dont had autohosts, started hosting with human host wich was very laggy, then with time people afford me some autohosts, and better base to play. after the map was very popular people told me to make mod and did, and get very popular, and then i gave my rights to other devs wich i belive on them and they always supported me with help and stuff.

With a bit of afford and work and over all pacience, even if people insults u, u must respect, u goal is gain players if they insult u let them do it. i had people who was insulting me and making threads about my mapmods, some months later they joined that mod wich started on a mapmod and liked it, this is the base why u shouldnt make others hate. if i was an ignorant my mod or any of my mapmods dont had Success Never!

Sry for my english:(
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

What do you ppl think of making a 6v6 tourney?

It'd be much more on the ground of big-team-game-players than 1v1 or 2v2 tourneys and would include DSD. Ofc it'd include other maps too and so both parts of the BA community (DSD-lovers and -haters / team-players and 1v1-vets) could participate.

If it'd work it'd be very good for the BA community as a hole, as it would be more inclusive. Such a community is more attractive for new players. New players mean potentially more players for 1v1, 6v6 and 8v8 games. BA survives - happy end ;)

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”