mobile antinuke on patrol failed

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Hey,

in attached replay my start base got hit by a nuke eventhough i had mobile anti on patrol south of startbase. That happend @44:30 . Antinuke fired bit it just keep circling around like drunkman trying to hit wc hole :)

I remember this was also the case ~year ago. If its a bug plz fix as some ppl goe crazy when anits fail . :|
20120211_201930_Throne v1_85.sdf
Replay FFA
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Senna

Re: mobile antinuke on patrol failed

Post by Senna »

Is good to talk about mobile antinukes, they really need a speed fix, they fire same as antinuke speed and latest engine release allows when a nuke its launched and mobile anti nuke is out of the area, and moving into the area after 4 or 5 sec antifires and nuke hits, mobile anti nuke needs at all a speed fix, reducing flytime of 4 sec to 3 and 50% more missile speed fix that, i did it on dsd rev and works, do not make so mutch speed otherwise if anti its close to enemy nuke and enemy launchs to that area, the anti can act like a nuke!!
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Senna wrote:Is good to talk about mobile antinukes, they really need a speed fix, they fire same as antinuke speed and latest engine release allows when a nuke its launched and mobile anti nuke is out of the area, and moving into the area after 4 or 5 sec antifires and nuke hits, mobile anti nuke needs at all a speed fix, reducing flytime of 4 sec to 3 and 50% more missile speed fix that, i did it on dsd rev and works, do not make so mutch speed otherwise if anti its close to enemy nuke and enemy launchs to that area, the anti can act like a nuke!!
I tried to understand what you are saying, yet I can only guess.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

We've been seeing this in ZK too... there might be an engine bug related to Antis in general, but nobody's figured out how to consistently isolate it and figure the cause.

In the mean time? NUKENUKENUKENUKENUKENUKENUKE!
Senna

Post by Senna »

klapmongool wrote:
Senna wrote:Is good to talk about mobile antinukes, they really need a speed fix, they fire same as antinuke speed and latest engine release allows when a nuke its launched and mobile anti nuke is out of the area, and moving into the area after 4 or 5 sec antifires and nuke hits, mobile anti nuke needs at all a speed fix, reducing flytime of 4 sec to 3 and 50% more missile speed fix that, i did it on dsd rev and works, do not make so mutch speed otherwise if anti its close to enemy nuke and enemy launchs to that area, the anti can act like a nuke!!
Sorry for my english:), I tryed to say its the mobile antinuke needs missile speed buff like 2 times its speed, so at least it can stop a nuke even if nuke its launched 5 seconds later, the coverange of mobile anti goes to that area and stops the missile, but if u put the missile 3 times faster and the mobile anti its about 2000 range of enemy nuke, the anti will detonate the nuke too early and damaging the enemy base, i did in tech anni the advanced antinukes with like 4 times faster and lol:) Always when enemy launched a nuke the anti was acting like a nuke itself:)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Senna wrote:
klapmongool wrote:
Sorry for my english:), I tryed to say its the mobile antinuke needs missile speed buff like 2 times its speed, so at least it can stop a nuke even if nuke its launched 5 seconds later, the coverange of mobile anti goes to that area and stops the missile, but if u put the missile 3 times faster and the mobile anti its about 2000 range of enemy nuke, the anti will detonate the nuke too early and damaging the enemy base, i did in tech anni the advanced antinukes with like 4 times faster and lol:) Always when enemy launched a nuke the anti was acting like a nuke itself:)
I see. So you are saying two things:

1. Make anti-nuke missiles faster so they can intercept incoming nukes better.

2. Don't make them too fast because they will intercept nukes shortly after launch.

Although i don't think this topic was intended for balance suggestions...

1. I have experienced what you are describing myself, anti's not intercepting incoming nukes because they fired later, probably because the nuke was fired on the edge of the anti range or because it moved into range after nuke launch (or because the anti was paralyzed the first seconds of nuke launch. I don't see this as undesired behaviour though. Makes the whole nuking/anti'ing minigame just a tad more interesting.

2. This could be fun :D Thank you for bringing this great idea to my attention. Btw, you say that it is the anti doing the damage but i think it is more likely that it is the detonated nuke that does the damage.
Senna

Post by Senna »

klapmongool wrote:
I see. So you are saying two things:

1. Make anti-nuke missiles faster so they can intercept incoming nukes better.

2. Don't make them too fast because they will intercept nukes shortly after launch.

Although i don't think this topic was intended for balance suggestions...

1. I have experienced what you are describing myself, anti's not intercepting incoming nukes because they fired later, probably because the nuke was fired on the edge of the anti range or because it moved into range after nuke launch (or because the anti was paralyzed the first seconds of nuke launch. I don't see this as undesired behaviour though. Makes the whole nuking/anti'ing minigame just a tad more interesting.

2. This could be fun :D Thank you for bringing this great idea to my attention. Btw, you say that it is the anti doing the damage but i think it is more likely that it is the detonated nuke that does the damage.

Yes is detonated nuke that do the damage, but the coverange of mobile anti is too short, but its also mobile energy power because they give 200 energy each one and protect against nukes. Giving more missile speed will need a nerf in energy income
Pako

Post by Pako »

Maybe fixed? https://github.com/spring/spring/commit ... 4a106b325a

Increasing anti speed probably only disables the nuke spam option.

Maybe only thing broken with LRPC and nukes/antinuke is they can collide with own fighter screen but that shouldn't be hard to fix.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Do not forget to disable or reduce the energy income from the mobile antis, otherwise it would be op. If add 1 extra, reduce other to keep the unit balanced

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”