Balanced Annihilation 7.62

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Some bugs that weren't caught early enough are now fixed. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the hard work by the team!

Code: Select all

7.61 -> 7.62
11/29/11:

-Better handling for most units with turninplace
-Fix t1 destroyer bad handling
-Torpedoes no longer hit hovers
-Fix the Dominator hack
-Added ability for maps to override engine start positions. Thanks zwzsg
-Add Updated air release gadget and new airlab fix gadget, and cmd_lstpos
-Fix problem with armbrtha hitsphere
-Updated Dynamic Collision Volume gadget to support dynamic per piece collision volumes
-Update mex snap Widget
-Viper and Pitbull script fix (thanks KingRaptor and Juzza)
Download here
Pxtl

Re: Balanced Annihilation 7.62

Post by Pxtl »

Torpedoes no longer hit hovers

Wait, I missed this. Torpedoes were being fired at hovers? Or is that just fixing the old issue where a hover could be *accidentally* hit by a torpedo?
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

No air transport fix?

pxtl: afaik they fired at them deliberately.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

VBS: you mean the t2 air trans crash? That is fixed.
very_bad_soldier

No I mean units surviving when their T1 trans get killed. They bounce to the ground and live on. May be the case for T2 also, dunno.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Fixed
very_bad_soldier

thanks
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Thanx for update, but sth is still wrong with kbots like AK. I select AK and click a lot at diffirent places (like in real game situation micro intense) and AK allmost stalls in place instead of moving. This turn in place really messes him up. Plz fix this, somehow it just messes with kbots that are meant to be super agile.

On other hand veh are super movable now, i can click gator around and it wont stop to correct path, awsome.

Keep on good work Behe 8)
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Tanks new movement is good in some situations but often it really takes control away from the player and makes them act more randomly instead.
They wander into turrets ranges, into dgun range, can't line up easily. Basically they're great as long as they don't have to make >90 degree turn.

I don't have time to play with it right now, but using
turninplace = 0
turninplacespeedlimit = X*maxspeed
seems like an easy solution that might work well. Just needs testing, and give different unit(type)s different X values if needed.
Though I guess you've already thought of that.
Pako

Post by Pako »

I think the new tank movement is quite a shit. Now they move more like cars with turning front wheels. Basically it is way too agile than previously and tanks are now even more overpowered against Kbots. Also killing commanders is way too easy because dgun can't really hit tanks rolling around com.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

two lua bugs spring 84.0 and ba 7.62:

[f=0023436] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitDestroyed, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:405: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'x1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:405: in function 'getDistance'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:323: in function 'unregisterUnit'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_mex_upgrader.lua"]:298: in function 'UnitDestroyed'
	[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1248: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1245>
	(tail call): ?

[f=0040150] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_release_manager.l..."]:26: bad argument #1 to 'GetGroundHeight' (number expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'GetGroundHeight'
	[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_release_manager.l..."]:26: in function 'GameFrame'
	[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:931: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:929>
	(tail call): ?
[f=0040151] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_release_manager.l..."]:26: bad argument #1 to 'GetGroundHeight' (number expected, got nil)
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Concur with the air release manager bug, it can cause a complete crash of the gadgets subsystem, resulting in all gadgets being non-functional for the remainder of the game. A lot of serious bugs with air and trans introduced in this engine version.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

Beherith wrote:Fixed
I dont think it is fixed, it still happens on BA7.62. Units survive after trans is killed and combomb is so easy now.
very_bad_soldier

Also if the com does not survive he still flys a good distance into enemy territory before exploding (making it harder to defend against combombs than in prior versions). Also gadgets get broken after a combomb and lots of errors occur. Chatting is not longer possible and the game never ends.
One question: Would anyone mind clearing up the current state of BA? Is there a maintainer? If yes, who is it?
I know Beherith did some fixes, thanks for it, but AFAIK he didnt want to be the official maintainer?
knorke

Post by knorke »

i could look into fixing the error spam but only if really nobody else does it. dont really want to but if there really is no maintainer?
wouldnt want to lose the badsdcb experience.
is there an svn?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

knorke wrote:is there an svn?
http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balatest
knorke

Post by knorke »

This is what I did for XTA to fix the engine crash when coms got shot down in their T1 air transport:
http://code.google.com/p/xta-springrts/ ... etail?r=21
Now all transport get changed to releaseheld=true, so the passenger would survive - but a gadget kills it. :-)
In xta T2 transports eject their passengers on death, without killing them (unless they fall too much) and that also works. (not sure if BA has that)

Could not checkout the BA svn, tortoiseSVN says:
Checkout from http://imolarpg.dyndns.org/trac/balatest/browser/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
The OPTIONS response did not include the requested activity-collection-set;
this often means that the URL is not WebDAV-enabled
Also gadgets get broken after a combomb and lots of errors occur. Chatting is not longer possible and the game never ends.
I combombed a NullAI with atlas, no errors and the game ended. Got a hint how to reproduce or (please short) replay?

What does unit_air_release_manager do anyway? Apply damage while units fall? Is the damage applied by engine not enough?
[f=0040150] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_air_release_manager.l..."]:26: bad argument #1 to 'GetGroundHeight' (number expected, got nil)
Maybe just needs clamping to inside map coordinates?
knorke

Post by knorke »

problem with air_release_manager is that it does not take into account units dying midair.
It then tries to loop over dead units and get their position.
untested change might look like this:

function gadget:GameFrame(n)
  if fC > 0 then
    for k,t in ipairs(fallingUnits) do
	local removeMe = Spring.GetUnitIsDead (t[1]) --+++
	if (not removeMe) then						--++
		x,y,z = Spring.GetUnitBasePosition(t[1])		
		--maybe clamp just in case units fly off the map
		h = Spring.GetGroundHeight(x,z)
	end
	if (removeMe or h > y-10)  then			--+++
	  Spring.AddUnitDamage(t[1], t[2])
	  table.remove(fallingUnits,k)
	  fC = fC - 1
	end
    end
  end
end
Attachments
20111216_054951_Comet Catcher Redux_84.0.sdf
2min30 in middle of map
(62.24 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
very_bad_soldier

knorke wrote:
Also gadgets get broken after a combomb and lots of errors occur. Chatting is not longer possible and the game never ends.
I combombed a NullAI with atlas, no errors and the game ended. Got a hint how to reproduce or (please short) replay?
Here is a replay (not that short, sorry):
http://db.tt/WATTkECW

Happens at ~15:30 with piz's com.

Does not look like piz is dying midair, not sure. His trans is getting shot and his com is somehow floating to the ground, looks strange.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”