who is currently maintaining BA? - Page 4

who is currently maintaining BA?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

AF
AI Developer

Re: who is currently maintaining BA?

Post by AF »

We should make it a static emplacement and give it a 'largeish' weapons radius. A plasma weapon of some kind would go well here
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Just had a look at the BA SVN and thought I'd say thanks to Beherith, Nixtux, Senna, and Deadnight. It seems BA is not short of devs, after all :-)
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Google_Frog wrote:
TheFatController wrote:cool ideas that turn out to be unimplementable
What?? Outrageous. I didn't think there were many 'little' cool ideas that couldn't be implemented (as opposed to big ideas like spherical maps).
Spent a little time searching my #lua log for examples, this is not a comprehensive list by any means - can you, without using hacks or excessive polling:

- Set a cap on the amount of resources a team can make by mod option and have it cleanly stop (eg at +75 metal) in the UI.
- Block repair on a unit by buildstep.
- Make a unit which can reclaim stuff while cloaked.
- Force a unit to attack a specific target out of a list of potential targets.
- Implement completely custom shield energy mechanics but retain the engines projectile deflection.
- Intercept the /take command from a player and do something different.
- Change the energy/metal storage capacity of a unit whilst ingame
- Change a units max health on the fly (without it resetting when it gains xp)
- Trigger an arbitary weapon explosion at x,y,z coordinates (not just the CEG)
- Stop a unit being nudged by the engines path finder with lua (example 'hacked' fix, look at the move commands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L8DGIjl1B0)
- Use SET_WANTED_MAX_SPEED without strange bugs where the units speed gets stuck to a value even though its command queue is empty.
- MoveCtrl an aircraft then have it continue flying without stopping for half a second.
- Find out when a projectile has hit a feature and do something.
- Find out the current amount of x,y,z impulse only which is currently being applied to a unit or a feature.
- Get/Set the amount of impulse on a feature.
- Verticle MaxAngleDif..
- Use team colours in CEGs
- "NoAutoFire" by unit category
- Do something as soon as a dgun has been fired within a widget.
- Label a unit which is trying to fire but can't because of lack of energy with a widget.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Without too much depth to each answer.

- Set a cap on the amount of resources a team can make by mod option and have it cleanly stop (eg at +75 metal) in the UI.Yes. Get team resourcing, if over limit use income over limit. Transmit used resources to Resbar widget and adjust numbers accordingly.

- Block repair on a unit by buildstep.No.

- Make a unit which can reclaim stuff while cloaked.Very messilly.

- Force a unit to attack a specific target out of a list of potential targets.Yes.

- Implement completely custom shield energy mechanics but retain the engines projectile deflection.Yes.

- Intercept the /take command from a player and do something different.Not that I know of but sounds possible.

- Change the energy/metal storage capacity of a unit whilst ingameNo but you can lua it fairly trivially.

- Change a units max health on the fly (without it resetting when it gains xp)
Idk.

- Trigger an arbitary weapon explosion at x,y,z coordinates (not just the CEG)
In a way (fake unit).

- Stop a unit being nudged by the engines path finder with lua (example 'hacked' fix, look at the move commands:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L8DGIjl1B0)Toggleable ingame? No.

- Use SET_WANTED_MAX_SPEED without strange bugs where the units speed gets stuck to a value even though its command queue is empty.I haven't seen SET_WANTED_MAX_SPEED bug in this way. I think SET_WANTED_MAX_SPEED should be removed and turned into a variable unit attribute because the command implementation is crazy.

- MoveCtrl an aircraft then have it continue flying without stopping for half a second.Is that a reference to a bug? If you haven't found it to not be possible I don't see why it wouldn't be.

- Find out when a projectile has hit a feature and do something.
Not that I know of.

- Find out the current amount of x,y,z impulse only which is currently being applied to a unit or a feature.Yes, param to unitDamaged iirc.

- Get/Set the amount of impulse on a feature.I don't think they have impulse.

- Verticle MaxAngleDif..What does that mean?

- Use team colours in CEGsFrom what I know I think it is possible but the whole CEG language is crazy.

- "NoAutoFire" by unit categoryNot without lua, I would love this too.

- Do something as soon as a dgun has been fired within a widget.
Did you mean 'Do something within a widget as soon as a dgun has been fired.' because the other wording is ambiguous. In which case yes.

- Label a unit which is trying to fire but can't because of lack of energy with a widget.Probably.
knorke

Post by knorke »

- Use team colours in CEGsFrom what I know I think it is possible but the whole CEG language is crazy.
afaik not possible but LUPS can do it. You could also autogenerate like 16 different colored varianets of the needed CEGs and spawn the one that matches closed.
- Find out when a projectile has hit a feature and do something.Not that I know of.
maybe something like this is close enough?
gadget:Explosion(weaponID, px, py, pz, ownerID)
nearFeatures=Spring.GetFeaturesInSphere (px,py,pz,25)
hitFeature=nearFeatures[1]

Those might work too and you could even check if the projectile was really flying towards the feature:
ProjectileDestroyed(proID)
Spring.GetProjectileVelocity
Spring.GetProjectilePosition
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

knorke wrote:
afaik not possible but LUPS can do it. You could also autogenerate like 16 different colored varianets of the needed CEGs and spawn the one that matches closed.
CEG has a damage attribute that looks like a variable you can pass to a CEG, if you encoded and passed colours you may be able to make arbitrarily coloured CEGs.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Ive tried passing vars in damage from SpawnCeg(), but it didnt arrive on the CEG end. Might have been my inexperience though.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”