Rocko cost 20% more compared to Storm , Why ? - Page 2

Rocko cost 20% more compared to Storm , Why ?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Drac

Re: Rocko cost 20% more compared to Storm , Why ?

Post by Drac »

Saktoth wrote:There was one very close game on brazillian (I forget who won) where I spammed warriors vs Days core bot. However, I seem to remember that Day said that the rationale is indeed that arm gets the warrior and the flea, thus core gets the cheaper/stronger bots (slightly more HP and they dont have the opening anims which slow down their reaction times), though in most situations arms extra bots are inferior, so that means you should just go core on bot maps..

Truth is this change probably dates back to Caydr, which just makes it a legacy thing.
Nice summary going arm is risky move when mostly flea,pw vs ak in play arm has to make the most of it early, after that probably some kind of beamer offensive defense with pw raiding + rezzers + handful rockos to hande llt spam, in a plain simple rocko vs storm spam Arm better pray.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Drac wrote:Probably you ignored my wall of text but beamer only advantage over dllt is that its able to shoot rocket kbots, for every other situation dllt-s superior hp is better and i rather have dllt as a buildplan than beamer. Beamer can only discourage a few rocket kbots once the enemy get more rkbots, regular towers are generally are a bad idea.
What the hell...
Baracus

Post by Baracus »

Note that the beamer has superiour dps as well (compared to the HLLT), its cheaper, and the little more range it has makes a lot of difference. the beamer might be the only unit that can convince me of going arm bots on a bot map, instead of core.
Drac

Post by Drac »

Baracus wrote:Note that the beamer has superiour dps as well (compared to the HLLT), its cheaper, and the little more range it has makes a lot of difference. the beamer might be the only unit that can convince me of going arm bots on a bot map, instead of core.
Yea pretty much flea and beamer has to compensate for everything, hlt rarely comes in to play and would only consider it to improve a heavily defended area in which enemy is interested in, about 3 beamer. Hlt denies him the opportunity to build his own hlt out of range to shoot your towers and also prevents him from standing just on tip of beamer range with storm getting healed by necros.
PJY

Post by PJY »

I'm feeling very impish today so I was wondering whether I'd get away with observing that the most unbalanced thing on BA is the egos of some of the players. Some players have ENORMOUS egos. Others, not so large egos. Hence why certain people get very angry very quickly and then rage quit.
albator

Post by albator »

Drac wrote:Probably you ignored my wall of text but beamer only advantage over dllt is that its able to shoot rocket kbots, for every other situation dllt-s superior hp is better and i rather have dllt as a buildplan than beamer. Beamer can only discourage a few rocket kbots once the enemy get more rkbots, regular towers are generally are a bad idea.

rofl

Sometimes I have to admit reading balance discussion can be fun
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Now that the HLLT has a range buff and can compete with the beamer, perhaps this issue can be revisited?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Can we add this to the MTR?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Pxtl wrote:Now that the HLLT has a range buff and can compete with the beamer, perhaps this issue can be revisited?
but the HLLT is still worse?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”