Game End screen

Game End screen

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Game End screen

Post by dansan »

I have a suggestion and a - probably well known - bug for future versions (to fix):

* The stats page could need a caption/legend which color belonged to which player.

* It displays "You won" to often - even if you were a spec.
I don't know if it is complicated to find out at the end if a player was a spec from the beginning/joined as a spec or became one during the game... anyway - the display is often not right :)

Thanx
smoth

Re: Game End screen

Post by smoth »

The default endgame screen is internal to the engine. to have a customizable one the developer of said project would be required to write it from scratch in lua.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I see...

You think I should post the thing about "win even if you're a spec" @engine forum or ticket system?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Well it is a bug in the engine, so yeah, I'd go ahead
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yeah, it's possible to know whether a person played and became a spec or joined later.

Code: Select all

Spring.GetTeamInfo

[size=85] ( number teamID ) ->
   nil | number  teamID,
         number  leader, (:= a player id)
         boolean isDead,
         boolean isAiTeam,
         string  "side",
         number  allyTeam,
         table   customTeamKeys,
         number  incomeMultiplier[/size]
A player that died has boolean isDead = true; a spec has the value = false. The winner has the value = false but he has units left.

IIRC.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Thank you.

I have reported the spec-won-issue @springs mantis: http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2567

And the legend thing as feature request http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=2568

Low priority things :)
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

About the end game stats: there's a lot of them but many of them are quite irrelevant. What I'd like to see is how much damage inflicted by me on player i, and vice versa.

But that's a lot of work to implement.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Oh - yeah - I've also got some ideas like put a marker on the line where I got my 1st T2 con or built my 1st T2 lab etc.
But I think this advanced statistics stuff should be done by content creators, not engine devs.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

But then it must be done many times -- inefficient.
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

And also clarify and put in plain text the meaning of all those abbreviations... I have no idea what they mean..

And make numbers arrangeable by decreasing order...
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Jools wrote:But then it must be done many times -- inefficient.
Not so. If one game adds something another game could take the code and use it too.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

But I like seeing that I won, it makes my E-Penis grow larger :-)
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

It doesn't sound like a bug, as a spectator you are assigned a players team - you see their resources and can turn LOS to their view and can change team with the number keys. When the game ends you see the Game End screen for the team you were watching afaik which is a nice touch.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yeah, it depends on how you interpret it really, it can be considered both as a bug or feature. But it's like those football fans who rejoice when England won and they say "we won!". No, you didnd't win, your team won and you were sitting on the couch with a bag of crisps.

Sometimes however you get the "You won"-screen in situations where you really lost, if game/host crashed etc, those are situations where you really didn't win.

Regarding spectating: you can change which team you observe but IIRC the spectators will always have teamID = 0, so if team 0 wins then they win too. In a replay, it usually says that the spectator 0 in the replay changed the game speed, even though it was the replay host who changed it.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”